Best bike for me

I'm not going to wot very much, I just want as much power as I can get so that I can go from a dead stop, climb hills, and still have 30mph+ when I feel like going fast, and from what I've heard shift kits are no good, but I would kinda like a electric start, and the reason I wanted a phantom is because I could have power and speed. So what would you suggest?
A Zeda 80 can handily do all that.

This one is a low budget build. Still cost about 700 CDN. New Hiland 19 inch frame with 29 wheels. Kinbelle Amazon motor. Don't know how long it will last as it has an aluminium frame, stock double wall wheels and quick release hubs (just added a solid axle to the rear). It will only go about 26 mph 40 Km with a 52 sprocket but will really climb hills. Fast enough for me to commute to work and climb the hills to get back home. The speed limit in town is only 30 Km.

I'm going to make another similar as I have started it but it is hard to fit the motor. Takes a lot of trial and error.

One day when I have some $$ I would like to build a proper one.

Attachments

• BikeLeft.jpg
    BikeLeft.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 37
One day when I have some $$ I would like to build a proper onone.

I decided to hell with waiting to have the money. You'll never have the money. I started building part by part on my new build. Soon I should be able to order forks, then wheels, tires after that, then the little stuff. In a few months I will have a sweet @$$ bike.

I decided to hell with waiting to have the money. You'll never have the money. I started building part by part on my new build. Soon I should be able to order forks, then wheels, tires after that, then the little stuff. In a few months I will have a sweet @$$ bike.
I spend like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes I have to take a break and pay down the cards so I can rack them back up. They create a vacuum when they are zeroed.
Sort of like cleaning the shop and making more room, just creates a vacuum for more stuff and projects.

I spend like there is no tomorrow. Sometimes I have to take a break and pay down the cards so I can rack them back up. They create a vacuum when they are zeroed.
Sort of like cleaning the shop and making more room, just creates a vacuum for more stuff and projects.
Ahh, you spendthrift, rich Canadians...lol...Living the high life...lol.

This was my first motorcycle. I couldn't afford a running and riding bike at the time and I was too impatient to save, so I picked up a non-running and slightly disassembled 1985 CB450SC for $300 (this was late 90's/early 2k era). I spent 8 months buying what I could get on my list of needed parts one bit at a time, doing the work, and learning some things as I went.

Back