Best bike for me

Your screen name was the first clue with 13 in it and of course you mentioned in another thread of your first bike was built by you when you were 12...lol.
I hadn't even read that. It was mostly his attitude. "Not enough power," speaks to inexperience or simply put: not having the stupid beat out of you.

Now your fondly reminding me of my old cop days back in Boston in the good old days...lol...lol.
Its just a part of growing up. Whether its physically or socially or psychologically or spiritually, you're gonna have the stupid beat out of you one way or another, or you die in the process. That's last option is always a possibility.

If 3 hp aint enough, maybe another minibike is in order. Near me at least, they are all over cl and fb marketplace.

Having a super powerful motorized bike (like Damien's) is way cool but if you can't afford to make it safe, (and you don't want to compromise by using a less powerful motor,) it doesn't seem like a good idea...

given that, I went with a zeda 80. You can safely use a rag joint and stock wheels and brakes (IF they are decent quality to begin with, duh). I used a 90's vintage cromo mtb (specialized). it just works. (stops, too). of course it will be slower than a p85 but it will be safer with your budget too.

If that doesn't cut it for you, i'd either keep saving or build up a minibike (because drum brakes and 6+hp are the norm for those)

my 2 cents anyhoo

I'm thinking of starting with the bike berry stinger, phantom 85 engine kit, and upgrading from there.

No room for upgrades with that bike. And anything that's worth upgrading on the bike should be done from the beginning with a high power build.

The wheels will be junk though. No details on them lead me to believe single walled, unsealed bearings, high gauge spokes. I wouldn't trust it to handle any china doll let alone the p85.

No room for upgrades with that bike. And anything that's worth upgrading on the bike should be done from the beginning with a high power build.

The wheels will be junk though. No details on them lead me to believe single walled, unsealed bearings, high gauge spokes. I wouldn't trust it to handle any china doll let alone the p85.
Really? Thanks for the input!

Back