Best bike for me

Mr @ImpulseRocket is running a p85 on a Kent Nazz. IIRC that's a 400 dollar bike.
It's a $260 bike at the moment. I got it for less than $200. Pretty much used the frame and forks and have replaced everything else. So far it has held up fine, no frame issues to speak of.

For the OP @wolfboy13 why do you believe anything but the Phantom is not powerful enough? What are you trying to do exactly?

The Phantom 85's power comes with costs. It's not a good engine for a novice and many people who thought they new better than those of us with experience have destroyed several engines. It requires the owner to be fastidious with assembly, checks, and maintenance and patient enouh to properly go through the break in. It also is not a good engine for long bouts of wide open throttle as it is a hot running engine as is, and lots of guys have soft seized their Phantom by trying to go 50+mph on thin oil mixes for extended lengths of time.

Member Willitboost has a great thread where he has run a couple different engines and modifications on a dyno, and he currently has a first gen BT100 engine that cranked out over 5hp and 5ft-lbs with current max RPM of 6000. I think this would be a GREAT engine for you. That is very similar to stock Phantom 85 numbers but with a lower max RPM threshold, and accoding to him the BT100 runs very cool. The Phantom picks up a lot of power with modifications, unsurprisngly, but again, it's a hot running engine.

I am actually debating between BT100 or a Zeda 100 Max as my next engine. I love my Phantom, but I am not entirely a fanboy of it either. There are other great engines out there.

I don't have the money to make my Phantom build safe, that's why im taking time. I am building a frame I traded my pedal bike for that is pretty sturdy, but I am reinforcing the crap out of it. I am also glnot going to ride it until I have a good set of wheels and brakes and a nice fork set. You can follow my build on the attached link. Its likely gonna take until at least summer.

It's a $260 bike at the moment. I got it for less than $200. Pretty much used the frame and forks and have replaced everything else. So far it has held up fine, no frame issues to speak of.

For the OP @wolfboy13 why do you believe anything but the Phantom is not powerful enough? What are you trying to do exactly?

The Phantom 85's power comes with costs. It's not a good engine for a novice and many people who thought they new better than those of us with experience have destroyed several engines. It requires the owner to be fastidious with assembly, checks, and maintenance and patient enouh to properly go through the break in. It also is not a good engine for long bouts of wide open throttle as it is a hot running engine as is, and lots of guys have soft seized their Phantom by trying to go 50+mph on thin oil mixes for extended lengths of time.

Member Willitboost has a great thread where he has run a couple different engines and modifications on a dyno, and he currently has a first gen BT100 engine that cranked out over 5hp and 5ft-lbs with current max RPM of 6000. I think this would be a GREAT engine for you. That is very similar to stock Phantom 85 numbers but with a lower max RPM threshold, and accoding to him the BT100 runs very cool. The Phantom picks up a lot of power with modifications, unsurprisngly, but again, it's a hot running engine.

I am actually debating between BT100 or a Zeda 100 Max as my next engine. I love my Phantom, but I am not entirely a fanboy of it either. There are other great engines out there.
I'm not going to wot very much, I just want as much power as I can get so that I can go from a dead stop, climb hills, and still have 30mph+ when I feel like going fast, and from what I've heard shift kits are no good, but I would kinda like a electric start, and the reason I wanted a phantom is because I could have power and speed. So what would you suggest?

Will an 18" frame fit an engine?
The bike I am building is based on a 18 inch 60s cruiser frame. It fits quite nicely with tons of room.
I'm not going to wot very much, I just want as much power as I can get so that I can go from a dead stop, climb hills, and still have 30mph+ when I feel like going fast, and from what I've heard shift kits are no good, but I would kinda like a electric start, and the reason I wanted a phantom is because I could have power and speed. So what would you suggest?
The BT80 isn't a bad choice. I managed 40mph on mine. It has electric start, a charging system, auto clutxh, and pulls good from a dead stop. My question is why not pedal? It only needs a few rotations to help it get up to speed from a dead stop.

The bike I am building is based on a 18 inch 60s cruiser frame. It fits quite nicely with tons of room.

The BT80 isn't a bad choice. I managed 40mph on mine. It has electric start, a charging system, auto clutxh, and pulls good from a dead stop. My question is why not pedal? It only needs a few rotations to help it get up to speed from a dead stop.the
the dead stop thing is just a reference, I want enough power to pull from a dead stop if I have to. I am really concidering a bt80

Back