Best place to buy a 66cc engine only

Yep that's who I am probably going to buy from. They ship pretty fast they got my frame to me in less than 7 days. I just wish they sold the engine as a engine only vs a kit. Half the stuff they sell in the kit I probably would never use.
They seem to have a very good reputation. The do have the Zeda engine only at 120.00, Bot for 10 more bucks the extra parts are worth the buy. They have a pretty good technical write up on the Zeda engines at the Bicycle Engines web site. It is odd to see Skyhawk and Zede engines supplied from the same seller.

Just to clear things up, gasbikes is a no go?
The thing with gasbikes and kings to me seems their business model is based mainly on volume and customer service is low on their list of priorities. IE if their is a problem resolution is a pain. If you deal with them it's best to do so through paypal. This way you have a tool in dealing with them in a manor that effects their volume oriented goals. As a individual small volume buyer they can be difficult to deal with. I have done #1000.00's of business with them with 5 issues. 2 they fixed the other 3 I fixed myself as the first two were such a pain. I can say that every engine I ever got from them which ranges well over 20 ran well, and 3 needed new case gaskets.

The thing with gasbikes and kings to me seems their business model is based mainly on volume and customer service is low on their list of priorities. IE if their is a problem resolution is a pain. If you deal with them it's best to do so through paypal. This way you have a tool in dealing with them in a manor that effects their volume oriented goals. As a individual small volume buyer they can be difficult to deal with. I have done #1000.00's of business with them with 5 issues. 2 they fixed the other 3 I fixed myself as the first two were such a pain. I can say that every engine I ever got from them which ranges well over 20 ran well, and 3 needed new case gaskets.
Good info, thanks. Im looking at the engine i linked above. I also found a bottom end of an engine that i might look into. My reasoning for a new engine is the engine bolts are all messed up and i had my dad drill new holes and everything is all messed up. Long story. So i figure getting the bottom end i can just put my top on and swap out other parts and it would be good. Any thoughts?
https://www.ebay.com/i/282572758222?chn=ps&dispItem=1

Last edited:
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My experience with the engine you linked may be just a bad run and the purchase was made a long time ago so this may not even be a current issue. 3 out of the 8 needed new base gaskets. Once replaced all ran very well. As for the bottom end only on ebay, you don't know if it will work with the parts you have. My choice in your shoes would be to buy a complete engine from a reputable supplier and cut your losses on the old engine. As cheap as these engines are their is no reason to wind up loosing dollars trying to save dimes.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I had an issue regarding my engine studs being stripped out in the case and I got some very good feedback on how to fix the problem. So just maybe your problem is still fixable so you do not have to buy more parts. The suggestion given to me was to basically drill out the hole and put a helicoil in where it was previously stripped, would this work for you? They make those helicoils in all different sizes so regardless how big your dad drilled the holes it may be fixable.

I had an issue regarding my engine studs being stripped out in the case and I got some very good feedback on how to fix the problem. So just maybe your problem is still fixable so you do not have to buy more parts. The suggestion given to me was to basically drill out the hole and put a helicoil in where it was previously stripped, would this work for you? They make those helicoils in all different sizes so regardless how big your dad drilled the holes it may be fixable.
The holes were drilled poorly and at different angles. I have new hardware store bolts in there but the holes were dried poorly so they dont align with he rear mount block unless bent. Bent the bolts enough o get the block on and then the rear mount and i used a locked washer,nut, wisher and locking nut on both sides. worked decent, no side to side movement but after a ride yesterday they vibrated loose. Would loctite fix this? Im at my end with this engine and i have no idea how old it is or how well it has been treated im tempted to by another one.

The holes were drilled poorly and at different angles. I have new hardware store bolts in there but the holes were dried poorly so they dont align with he rear mount block unless bent. Bent the bolts enough o get the block on and then the rear mount and i used a locked washer,nut, wisher and locking nut on both sides. worked decent, no side to side movement but after a ride yesterday they vibrated loose. Would loctite fix this? Im at my end with this engine and i have no idea how old it is or how well it has been treated im tempted to by another one.

You seem the type that would like to have your MB running for the lowest possible cost, that's how I started out too. That being said I would definately use Locktight to see if that will fix your issue, start with blue then move to red to see if that will work.

You seem the type that would like to have your MB running for the lowest possible cost, that's how I started out too. That being said I would definately use Locktight to see if that will fix your issue, start with blue then move to red to see if that will work.
If i could afford more I would. 21 year old college student who bought the bike rebuilt of CL. Have pretty much replaced everything in the kit other than the engine at this point. Im a noob when it comes to this but i have learned alot and this forum has helped a great amount!

Back