Best place to buy a 66cc engine only

If i could afford more I would. 21 year old college student who bought the bike rebuilt of CL. Have pretty much replaced everything in the kit other than the engine at this point. Im a noob when it comes to this but i have learned alot and this forum has helped a great amount!

what vibrated loose? the bolt or the nut? if the nut, try double nutting and use a nylon nut for the outside nut. look up double nutting on YT for reference

If i could afford more I would. 21 year old college student who bought the bike rebuilt of CL. Have pretty much replaced everything in the kit other than the engine at this point. Im a noob when it comes to this but i have learned alot and this forum has helped a great amount!

Hey I'm in the same boat so I'm not knocking you. If you can get away with spending less or jerry rigging your bike then by all means go ahead, I would if my goal was to simply get mobile for the lowest price. (Just don't skimp on safety parts). The forum members on here have taught me soooo much and there's a ton more for me to learn. But I found a hobby I actually like even though it's expensive and frustrating.

what vibrated loose? the bolt or the nut? if the nut, try double nutting and use a nylon nut for the outside nut. look up double nutting on YT for reference
the nuts. On both rear mount blots i have a locking washer,nut,locking washer,locking nut.

and you are double nutting the locking nut? tighten the nut, tighten the locking nut into the nut, reverse tighten the nut and tighten the locking nut so both are snug. nylon nuts work real well too.

I know its not a reputable supplier but i also found this on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/50cc-2-Stro...ash=item25d97cd119:g:WFEAAOSw44BYR7eG&vxp=mtr

On a budget. I got into this "hobby" to save money and have fun and its been frustrating and expensive lol
I will either buy the gasbike engine or this one i linked above unless i can find another affordable one.
I would stay away from this engine mainly because it is a 48cc. I already told you my exp. with gasbike so that is all I have on that choice. I would strongly suggest a slightly higher investment to start will pay off big time in future expenses. The Zeda 80 at bicycle engines.com is only 129.00. It has 8mm instead of 6mm engine mounting studs. You should really consider this one. Good luck with your choice.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back