Bikeberry Stage 1 CDI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got my reed valve and windowed piston and HP carb but is not getting enough fuel with a 72mm jet and the bofang carb is running also a 72mm and is running fine and the idle will either be super high or super low randomly without adjusts the idle on any of them
The HP carb is garbage, it's designed to be used with a cvt transmission. I'd go back to the bofeng and the idle issue is probably an air leak. What reed valves did you get?

So I just got my reed valve and windowed piston and HP carb but is not getting enough fuel with a 72mm jet and the bofang carb is running also a 72mm and is running fine and the idle will either be super high or super low randomly without adjusts the idle on any of them
You have an air leak. When you start it up, it will idle low, once it warms up and everything expands, that's when the air leak shows up and the idle will be high. I've tried the HP carb on a couple of engines and could never get them to idle and run right. I think they're OK if it's full throttle all the time, but I don't know anybody that rides like that. You might be able to get it sealed if you get an O-ring for between the carb and manifold.

You have an air leak.

To get the Hp to preform right you need to modify the slide, needle and throat. How it needs to be modified depends on your engine. Modifying it before getting the air leak fixed is moot. It is most likely coming from the G2 intake interface to the cylinder jug. Try to find the green G2 gasket set. Those green gaskets have some kind of glue in them and it seals up tight after one heat cycle. I've had the green hang on while the screws were loose and not holding anything tight. I would just switch back to the bofeng, it's a great carb. I would solve the gasket leak first. Spray propane around the intake from an unlit propane torch, use the tip to direct it around the gaskets till you hear a change in the engine. Means you found the leak, fix the gasket and check again.

G2 reed are famous for leaking. Use brake cleaner or starting fluid and spray around the gaskets of the reeds. If the idle changes when you spray it then you have an air leak. At that point you need to take it apart and make sure all the surfaces are flat, and maybe some gasket sealant.

also do I need a balanced crankshaft?
You don't need one but it would help with vibration and longevity of the bottom end with less shaking and whatnot going on. You might be able to rev it higher as well.

You don't need one but it would help with vibration and longevity of the bottom end with less shaking and whatnot going on. You might be able to rev it higher as well.
And also would black permatex silicone fix the air leak on the rear valve gaskets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back