Bikeberry Stage 1 CDI Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And also would black permatex silicone fix the air leak on the rear valve gaskets?
I mean, as long as that's where your air leak is, it should make an airtight seal on the gaskets. Not sure how well it will hold up to gas, and it will pretty much just melt if you're using ethanol gas. Using gasket sealant will most likely make the gaskets unusable again if you try to take it back apart so keep that in mind. If you need new gaskets I'd recommend making new ones with gasket material instead of buying premade ones.

also do I need a balanced crankshaft?

If you run under 7k rpm's mainly, not really. keeping at 7k and under will really extend the life of the engine. Remember these are bike assist engines, not motorcycles. I personally try to keep my rpms down, i don't have a lot of faith in chinesium cast metal being able to protect my nads from sudden impact.

If you run under 7k rpm's mainly, not really. keeping at 7k and under will really extend the life of the engine. Remember these are bike assist engines, not motorcycles. I personally try to keep my rpms down, i don't have a lot of faith in chinesium cast metal being able to protect my nads from sudden impact.
Also there is grey oil that looks clayish coming out my exhaust but the bike runs great why is this happening?

It was black before though so I don’t know what happened
If you used conventional oil, it will be black. Not sure if synthetic burns grey or not. Pull the cap off your exhaust and clean it out with some carb cleaner. You're probably fine though. Switch to 20:1 mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back