Bought much needed upgrades

Ran into a hiccup I didn't plan... I didn't order tubes to fit 2.5" tires, didn't think anything of it till I was putting the hookworms on. I was looking at the print on my current tube (a bontrager) and saw "26x1.75-2.125". Went online and saw folks have done a worse stretch in a pinch, such as 1.5" tubes in a 2.4" tire, so I gave it a go. Went on my lil journey and parked it for the night, no issues, all is good.
Woke up this morning to a flat front tire, was perfect when I passed out. Took the tire off to see a bubble had formed in 2 spots along the inner seem that presses into the rim, and one had blown. Had to fork out $32.30 for a pair of 2.2-2.5" inner tubes at the LBS (wish there were 2 in town to drive prices down from competition). They are bontrager HD tubes, a bit bigger and thicker than my last. They better last...
Then one of my jackshaft bearings decided to asplode on me while racing a 212cc pred around town, was winning by far till that mishap. The outer race was in 5 parts, jackshaft flopping and threw the chain. My buddy had a spare bearing, so I fixed it. As I was finishing up, I noticed my jackshaft was heavily cockeyed, the jackshaft plate is twisted a few degrees from top to bottom :confused:o_O. Might not get to race this weekend :cry:.

Ran into a hiccup I didn't plan... I didn't order tubes to fit 2.5" tires, didn't think anything of it till I was putting the hookworms on. I was looking at the print on my current tube (a bontrager) and saw "26x1.75-2.125". Went online and saw folks have done a worse stretch in a pinch, such as 1.5" tubes in a 2.4" tire, so I gave it a go. Went on my lil journey and parked it for the night, no issues, all is good.
Woke up this morning to a flat front tire, was perfect when I passed out. Took the tire off to see a bubble had formed in 2 spots along the inner seem that presses into the rim, and one had blown. Had to fork out $32.30 for a pair of 2.2-2.5" inner tubes at the LBS (wish there were 2 in town to drive prices down from competition). They are bontrager HD tubes, a bit bigger and thicker than my last. They better last...
Then one of my jackshaft bearings decided to asplode on me while racing a 212cc pred around town, was winning by far till that mishap. The outer race was in 5 parts, jackshaft flopping and threw the chain. My buddy had a spare bearing, so I fixed it. As I was finishing up, I noticed my jackshaft was heavily cockeyed, the jackshaft plate is twisted a few degrees from top to bottom :confused:o_O. Might not get to race this weekend :cry:.

Ha! Yeah, that's why I use the 2.15" tires. I've been using THESE Bell inner tubes but they only fit widths 1.75-2.25. You are going to have to go with ones like these---> https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2018-C...513015&hash=item4692a999b7:g:ZqcAAOSwhhlb-xjI

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back