Brake Question

With the 203, the caliper clears the chain, but the adapter won't fit in between the frame and the rotor (I have 135mm dropout) so I'm gonna have to do some fabricating to get it working.
If it's a steel frame spread the dropouts and use spacers on the axle.

Anyone have any experience with these brakes? I’d like to use these along with the rear disc brake.
EA0A76BC-0BCB-4A3A-B99A-DCC47A2ED247.jpeg

Those look like the goofy s**t they were doing in the 90s lol! Just needs a pulley somewhere and it would be perfect.

Anyone have any experience with these brakes? I’d like to use these along with the rear disc brake.View attachment 87189
That is a single pivot caliper brake for a road bike. You would need skinny road bike tyres on skinny road bike rims and no fenders. The hole in your disc mount equipped frame is meant for the fender bolt not a brake and may not even have the necessary strength. You might be able to use the bolt hole and the stays to support a brake plate with two brake bosses for a dual pivot caliper (u brake) ,

or cantilever or linear pull cantilever (v brake).

Last edited:
That is a single pivot caliper brake for a road bike. You would need skinny road bike tyres on skinny road bike rims and no fenders. The hole in your disc mount equipped frame is meant for the fender bolt not a brake and may not even have the necessary strength. You might be able to use the bolt hole and the stays to support a brake plate with two brake bosses for a dual pivot caliper (u brake) ,
View attachment 87195
or cantilever or linear pull cantilever (v brake).
I wouldn’t of thought of that so thx. Where can I purchase these?? Is Brake Plate the actual name.

I wouldn’t of thought of that so thx. Where can I purchase these?? Is Brake Plate the actual name.
Yeah, v brake plate, u brake plate, bmx brake plate...
Try Dan's Comp for bmx racing parts like these, or just search the Web.
I used a u brake plate to fit a front brake to my 24" bmx. I have not tried any v brake plate, but I believe you can salvage the right piece from another old bike frame or fork to make your own. Just ensure that it's properly supported by the stays so it won't twist and break your fender/reflector bolt hole. :)

In pic above of that U shaped plastic brake mount, that thing looks weak as hell and flimsy. Maybe it's just me but that doesn't look like it could take the braking force of a wheel going 20mph. I could be wrong though.

In pic above of that U shaped plastic brake mount, that thing looks weak as hell and flimsy. Maybe it's just me but that doesn't look like it could take the braking force of a wheel going 20mph. I could be wrong though.
It's not plastic. It's steel. You have a couple of slots in the v brake plates for hose clamps too. Probably best to use on the reverse of the fork/frame, I would say, since we can go 40mph.

if you're adding a brake, are those disc adapters that grab the fork/stay any good?
untitled.jpg

Back