Build ideas

Aren't the possibilities of the 79cc HF motor better for parts/choices? 3 ponies is a lot for a bicycle, for speed and torque. Probably a simpler and cheaper build to give you what you want. I'm asking this, have no experience with either the 79cc or the 212cc.

Aren't the possibilities of the 79cc HF motor better for parts/choices? 3 ponies is a lot for a bicycle, for speed and torque. Probably a simpler and cheaper build to give you what you want. I'm asking this, have no experience with either the 79cc or the 212cc.
I really haven’t considered the 79cc. I read they are kind of slow for what they are, but I have no experience with them either. I don’t know how available parts are for the 79 but the 212 has a huge selection because it’s popular with go karts.

But you’re right it may be cheaper and easier to go with a smaller engine.

You could go either way. But if you use a jackshaft, you can keep your engine perfectly centered in the frame.
I didn’t think engine placement. It would handle funky off center.

What rear hub would you recommend to handle power from a 212?

I have Shimano coaster now

I didn’t think engine placement. It would handle funky off center.

What rear hub would you recommend to handle power from a 212?

I have Shimano coaster now
I would buy a new Grubee hd wheel assembly. Its disc brake compatible & & has a bolt on sprocket to the hub. It's a double wall rim as well. It can be had in a single speed version or a multi-speed version. It also has 4 sealed wheel bearings in the hub.

I would buy a new Grubee hd wheel assembly. Its disc brake compatible & & has a bolt on sprocket to the hub. It's a double wall rim as well. It can be had in a single speed version or a multi-speed version. It also has 4 sealed wheel bearings in the hub.
That looks perfect. Do you have one? Are they way to setup?

That looks perfect. Do you have one? Are they way to setup?
I got grubee multi-speed hd wheel on my 4 stroke cruiser bike. It's a heavy built wheel. I think they are 12ga spokes. The grubee wheel just simplified my build, dont have to mess with a rag joint. Also you can use rim brakes or disc brake, or both on the grubee wheel. It's a good wheel for the price. That's a grubee hd rear wheel on this bike.

20210918_153341.jpg

I got grubee multi-speed hd wheel on my 4 stroke cruiser bike. It's a heavy built wheel. I think they are 12ga spokes. The grubee wheel just simplified my build, dont have to mess with a rag joint. Also you can use rim brakes or disc brake, or both on the grubee wheel. It's a good wheel for the price. That's a grubee hd rear wheel on this bike.

View attachment 185419
I think it is exactly what I need. The price isn’t bad either. Only wish it was chrome. It won’t match my front wheel.

What engine is on your bike?

That micargi cruiser has a hausheng 142f 50cc honda knock off. This bike here has a flathead briggs & stratton. It's kinda my rat rod bike.
Your bikes look great! I love the rat rod! Looks post apocalyptic!

I have been looking at the predator 79cc but can’t find what to use as a clutch/transmission. I thought I remember reading that they won’t burn out centrifugal clutches likes the 212cc but I have no idea. I know Grubee makes them but they’re sold out. Do you have any recommendations?

Your bikes look great! I love the rat rod! Looks post apocalyptic!

I have been looking at the predator 79cc but can’t find what to use as a clutch/transmission. I thought I remember reading that they won’t burn out centrifugal clutches likes the 212cc but I have no idea. I know Grubee makes them but they’re sold out. Do you have any recommendations?
I dont know why you could not run a torque converter on the 79cc. Alls needed would be a 5/8" to 3/4" shaft adapter. I think the 79cc have the 4 bolt pattern on the side cover. Another thought would be the harbor freight 97cc or 99cc engine, they are fairly cheap & decent engines.

Back