USA California Motorbikes Reviews

Anton

Administrator
Staff member
Local time
8:38 PM
Screenshot from 2021-09-22 12-30-19.png

Products: 2 Stroke and 4 Stroke Engines, Complete Motorized Bicycles, Spare Parts for Motorized Bicycles
Forum Username: Zane-CaliforniaMotorbikes
Ebay Shop: https://www.ebay.com/str/californiamotorbikesstore
Ebay Account: https://www.ebay.com/usr/zsholding

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
The windows of a windowed piston are NEVER FACING THE EXHAUST...They are supposed to aimed at the intake...Did you even read the OPs posting about the piston windows facing the exhaust with the ring pins facing the intake...Something is obviously not correct here.

Window always, always faces the intake. He's currently emailing me, and I'll make sure he spins the piston around. Our engines are sent with the top end unassembled, not sure how that happened but will work with the customer to resolve straight away.

I'll make sure he spins the piston around
As you know from reading his post, he says the ring pins are on the opposite side of the windows...That means that if he does turn it around, the ring pins will be on the exhaust side which is NOT the way it is supposed to be...Heat stress alone will loosen the pins and seize the motor.

I had one from another vendor that did just that to me because they assembled it wrong with the ring pins aimed to the exhaust on an unwindowed piston and they broke off and seized the motor...I should have checked it myself but I didn't...My own stupidy for not checking first.

As you know from reading his post, he says the ring pins are on the opposite side of the windows...That means that if he does turn it around, the ring pins will be on the exhaust side which is NOT the way it is supposed to be...Heat stress alone will loosen the pins and seize the motor.

I had one from another vendor that did just that to me because they assembled it wrong with the ring pins aimed to the exhaust on an unwindowed piston and they broke off and seized the motor...I should have checked it myself but I didn't...My own stupidy for not checking first.
The pins will not fail. There are 2 factories currently making the 47mm pistons in China. One is exclusive to Runwell, and the other sells to Yangzhou Flying Horse, Yangzhou Woodpecker, and the piston is $2 cheaper per piston but the quality is worse.

The quality difference is significant. Our pistons will not fall apart like yours did.

I already sent the customer a free extra piston machined the other way so that he can decide for himself.

Logging off.

Confused as when I went to the site linked above... the windowed pistons being advertised show this photo:

c944a5_de2a04a36ce74db8a96d30e3f1e60d1e~mv2.jpg

Now... um... did the manufacturing change at some point? Am I looking at the wrong listing?

Also... maybe you can answer... how does your $169.00 motor run vs a Phantom 85?

I already sent the customer a free extra piston machined the other way so that he can decide for himself.
I DO commend you in sending James another piston.

I would be remiss though if I didn't tell you why I am not exactly a beliver in CMB though...I wrote you a year ago this very month inquiring about clutch pads at that time and was asking some questions about them...You never replied in all that time.

Confused as when I went to the site linked above... the windowed pistons being advertised show this photo:

Now... um... did the manufacturing change at some point? Am I looking at the wrong listing?

Also... maybe you can answer... how does your $169.00 motor run vs a Phantom 85?
And I note that in that picture, that the ring pins are on the correct side as the windows are as well and should be installed with BOTH facing the intake side.

Photo is from bikeberry. Also, that's the cheaper version of the pistons. They are sometimes stamped with the number "3"

I DO commend you in sending James another piston.

I would be remiss though if I didn't tell you why I am not exactly a beliver in CMB though...I wrote you a year ago this very month inquiring about clutch pads at that time and was asking some questions about them...You never replied in all that time.

I apologize that I did not get back to you on a timely basis. We were using an email provider that was sending non-spam emails to spam. We have a new customer service email, and respond within 24 hours to emails. That email is californiamotorbikeshelp@gmail.com.

...how does your performance engine square up to a Phantom 85? Got any youtube vids of one of your performance engines in action by chance?

Back