Can a roller be fitted off-center?

Tyre pressure for roller drive

My Continental "Town & Country" tyre says "inflate 35-65 psi".

I have been advised to inflate it to 60 for use with a 7/8" Staton roller.

Is this correct?

At what pressure will an inner tube blow?

65 Psi

I have the same setup with a 1" roller. I run 65 psi with a Slime HD tube and a cheap tire. 300 miles so far on 95 deg July days to 30 deg Febuary days with no problems.

Ive tried just an 1/8th and the roller slipped too much, just try it and see what works best for ya. As far as the tire pressure goes think about it. You need traction for the roller to work best, is a soft spongy surface better or a hard firm surface for the roller to drive.

The amount of deflection depends on the motor horsepower, the tire, the inflation pressure, the roller diameter, the rider's weight, and the road conditions.

I'm a big guy, and normally run at 50 psi continental Town & Country tire, a 1.25 inch roller (and the Mitsubishi TLE43,) and deflect the tire by about a quarter inch. If it's wet, you need to be light on the throttle, else it will still slip...

Note that a 7/8 inch roller will have more torque than a larger roller, so, you'll need more tire deflection (all other things being equal) than a larger roller.

Last edited:
Back