Can I flip my bike upside down to do maintenance work?

Silver Surfer

Local time
2:21 AM
Hi all,

Fairly new to this hobby. I Installed a 80cc motorized kit from amazon on a pacific cruiser.

My back tire came loose and I was wondering if I can flip my bike on the ground to do maintenance work? Will that mess anything up?

Hi all,

Fairly new to this hobby. I Installed a 80cc motorized kit from amazon on a pacific cruiser.

My back tire came loose and I was wondering if I can flip my bike on the ground to do maintenance work? Will that mess anything up?
Take the gas tank off or empty it first if your gonna flip the bike over
Solution is to get a Center stand
DSCF1673.JPG

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I bought a center stand for my bike from a local bike shop. It wasn't long enough or sturdy enough to hold the bike up. Where do I get a good one that'll work good?
https://www.amazon.com/BV-Kickstand-Center-Mount-Bicycle/dp/B00LNLXML4/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2?psc=1

It is the same one you see in my bike pics above your posting...I have transferred it from a broken bike frame to this one and have been using it for at least 5 years that I can remember...My bike weighs in at somewhere between 80 to 90 pounds so I guess you could call it a Solid piece of work...lol.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
https://www.amazon.com/BV-Kickstand-Center-Mount-Bicycle/dp/B00LNLXML4/ref=pd_nav_hcs_rp_2?psc=1

It is the same one you see in my bike pics above your posting...I have transferred it from a broken bike frame to this one and have been using it for at least 5 years that I can remember...My bike weighs in at somewhere between 80 to 90 pounds so I guess you could call it a Solid piece of work...lol.
I also have that kickstand. I went with the heavy duty ebike version. It is a sick kickstand

I bought a center stand for my bike from a local bike shop. It wasn't long enough or sturdy enough to hold the bike up. Where do I get a good one that'll work good?
Whizzer Center stand is the strongest on the market but it's also the most expensive @ $60

Attachments

• DSCF7128.JPG
    DSCF7128.JPG
    141.1 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF7129.JPG
    DSCF7129.JPG
    170.6 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF7120.JPG
    DSCF7120.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 67
Back