can i put these tires on these rims?

Sitherus

Local time
12:54 PM
Im gonna buy these rims https://www.bikeberry.com/heavy-duty-12-guage-black-coaster-brake-26-inch-x-2-125-inch-rim-set.html
can I put these tires on them?
or these

the thing thats getting me is, that they are 1.5" rims and the tires are 1/2 inch or more bigger.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I forgot to mention the frame is 3" wide at its smallest point 4" at its widest

Both of your tire choices have a hard edge from the contact patch to the sidewall. If you go with either, avoid hard turns. The bike acts weird if it leans over that lip on a turn.

Half an inch is fine on wider rim if you keep optimal pressure, you wont have it slip out on a hard turn unless it was a narrow tire but you would have a pinch flat.

This is from Sheldon Brown who was a serious bicycle rider.
I dont understand that chart. Or what you said actually.
sorry. I think I'm just going to use some old tires i have from another bike until i figure this out.

Just trying to interpret what you said... If I have a 1.25" wide wheel I can fit a 1.75" tire at the most?
how do i know if i have a wider rim?

Both of your tire choices have a hard edge from the contact patch to the sidewall. If you go with either, avoid hard turns. The bike acts weird if it leans over that lip on a turn.
are you saying that these will work?

Back