Cancer took a leg , but not my drive to ride

MoFoeUU2

Local time
2:59 PM
Built myself a YD100 bottom end motor with the Zelda 100 top end reed valve one piece head ,nibbi 26mm racing carb ,Being minus 1 leg to peddle start , I'm thinking of electric front hub drive wheel to get me up to speed to drop the clutch and get my motor running , thinking this should work does anyone foresee problems or am I good to go with this idea ????

The only thing I'd be worried about is the engine pushing the hub faster than the electric motor can and causing damage to the electric motor. I'm no expert on electric motors however, so you might want to do some research. I think you could probably get a kick stand that props the rear wheel off the ground and spin the pedals by hand, and then pop the clutch, but I've never tried that.

I generally have zero issues with starting my bike because I have an electric start engine.
The overspeed is my concern. Especially with a geared hub motor. Direct drive brushless would be the only way I would go if it were me. Bonus points if it has a multi-stage regen mode so you could run light regen to charge the battery without holding back the gas motor too much, if you so desired.

Back