Chain info on Grubee Skyhawk GT5

dougsr.874

Local time
4:07 PM
I bought a grubee-skyhawk GT5 kit from kings motors...Their website said that it came with standard 410 chain....what I got with the kit is bicycle chain...So my question is: do all Grubee kits come with this crappy chain......and is it really 410 chain or not...I thought that 410 chain was larger than this.....Now Kings Motors will not answer their phone nor answer emails???????

same problem

I am currently running a 415 chain on my bike because mine broke after about five miles. I had to replace the drive sprocket though. The one that came with the bike got damaged when the first chain broke and the replacement cog they sent would not fit the shaft. Luckily I had an old engine lying about and took the cog off that one, It worked and I have been using it ever since.

If you got the same engine as me you might check the carburetor also. The one I got just dumped gas into the engine, pretty good response but horrible gas milage, so I swapped it for another one(good thing I keep my old parts from past kits.)

mike

Last edited:
not stock one

the chain that came with my kit was a standard BMX that was bushing-less. The one I replaced it with was a 415 I was not happy with the kit that got shipped to me, but I got it on sale a year ago, what could I do?

mike

Last edited:
Back