Changing my 5G 49cc Huasheng engine to non-governed type

jimfindlay356

Local time
6:00 PM
Changing my 5G 49cc Huasheng engine to non-governed type. I need to find parts to change the engine to a non-governed engine. can someone lead me in the right direction? Jim

Changing my 5G 49cc Huasheng engine to non-governed type. I need to find parts to change the engine to a non-governed engine. can someone lead me in the right direction? Jim
Hey Jim, post a picture of each side of your engine and I'll let you know. Usually to get a non-governed version you just take out the governor.

If I recall correctly, originally (I don't know before 2012 or something) the 49cc Huasheng engine was without governor, then they installed an electronic governor. I believe the non-governed spark control parts for the original 49cc Huasheng are not available to interchange with the governed 49cc Huasheng. At that time the Honda GXH50 used a mechanical governor with linkage going to the carburetor. The Huasheng carburetor was often used on the Honda because you could directly hook up the throttle and it had a bigger jet. Will the 49cc Huasheng reach 7,000rpm or 6500rpm before the governor slows the engine?

If I recall correctly, originally (I don't know before 2012 or something) the 49cc Huasheng engine was without governor, then they installed an electronic governor. I believe the non-governed spark control parts for the original 49cc Huasheng are not available to interchange with the governed 49cc Huasheng. At that time the Honda GXH50 used a mechanical governor with linkage going to the carburetor. The Huasheng carburetor was often used on the Honda because you could directly hook up the throttle and it had a bigger jet. Will the 49cc Huasheng reach 7,000rpm or 6500rpm before the governor slows the engine?
Turns out I have a 53cc HS. I do not have a rpm reader to confirm RPM I have access to two 53cc HS. one I will call a G7, the other a G5. The G7 Ghost Racer will run circles around the G5. G5 at 20mph and G7 30pluss, same gear and tire size. any idea how I can get parts needed to convert to non-governed?

Attachments

• IMG-1299.jpg
    IMG-1299.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG-1296.jpg
    IMG-1296.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 88
Hey Jim, post a picture of each side of your engine and I'll let you know. Usually to get a non-governed version you just take out the governor.
Turns out I have a 53cc HS. I do not have a rpm reader to confirm RPM I have access to two 53cc HS. one I will call a G7, the other a G5. The G7 Ghost Racer will run circles around the G5. G5 at 20mph and G7 30pluss, same gear and tire size. any idea how I can get parts needed to convert to non-governed?

Attachments

• IMG-1299.jpg
    IMG-1299.jpg
    203.6 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG-1296.jpg
    IMG-1296.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 87
If I remember correctly the pick up coil and the flywheel are different. It's all about the timing and location of the magnets. There's a thread about this if you use correct search terms as to exactly what's needed to do. It's an emissions thing. If it were me I'd sell the 49cc and buy a new 53cc, that's just me.

The Hua Sheng 144f (53cc) is un-governed, from what I've read. 6800rpm redline. Grubee sells it in one of their kits.

https://www.grubee.net/collections/4-stoke-bike-engine-items/products/copy-of-huasheng-142f-cc-49cc

I'm thinking the 144f ignition module likely fits the 142f, but haven't looked into that.
6800 rpm is where the engine reaches max horsepower. For the 144f that's around 2 hp

The RS35 specs are 1.6 hp at 7000 rpm and 1.2 ft/lbs of torque at 5000 rpm. On my shifter bike at Full Throttle if I drop below 6000 rpm I shift to the next lower gear. If at FT I go above 7000 rpm I shift to a higher gear. This technique will give you a very high average speed and less wear on the engine/clutch.

Back