Clutch camshaft issue

Jumpjr6192866

Local time
1:16 AM
I have an 80cc 2 stroke china doll motor and I've replaced the clutch camshaft rod 2 times now because it keeps getting gouged by the bucking bar and then won't engage the motor to start up and I'll replace the rod take her for a spin she starts up fine then I park it and when I go for another ride it won't engage and it's the rod again. Why is this happening

You need to adjust the clutch and grease the bar and cam.

The cable is too tight, you can repair it by welding a bead acrossed it and grinding it flat again.
There is slack in the cable and it still happens it's hard to believe that this tiny imperfection will keep it from starting

Attachments

• 17013880577914277171721572162940.jpg
    17013880577914277171721572162940.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 30
There is slack in the cable and it still happens it's hard to believe that this tiny imperfection will keep it from starting
You need to use a dab of either white lithium grease or red and tacky grease on that particular part where it makes contact with the bucking bar, as well as a dab on each end of the bucking bar to prevent that wear and tear, so that this type of problem doesn't happen to begin with.

Pfft, that's nothing. I had an especially soft one one time. it got wayyy more rounded than that. It still worked.

As long as everything else is in order, that should not be a problem.

Back