Clutch camshaft issue

Jumpjr6192866

Local time
4:35 AM
I have an 80cc 2 stroke china doll motor and I've replaced the clutch camshaft rod 2 times now because it keeps getting gouged by the bucking bar and then won't engage the motor to start up and I'll replace the rod take her for a spin she starts up fine then I park it and when I go for another ride it won't engage and it's the rod again. Why is this happening

When you try, do you hear the motor turning over? will it jolt to a stop w/o use of brakes?
No no jolting or abrupt stops it starts up fine but when I come back to it and try to start her up again I pedal pedal pedal like hell and when I dump the clutch it feels like the pads aren't engaging. And another thing as the clutch lever is gripped and released as I attempt to dump the clutch again hear the motor for a split second wanna turn over but then nothing just the what I can only describe as the pads sliding but the pads dont look bad at all I did however buy a new set of pads I haven't installed yet because when I put the new cam rod in place and took her for a test drive like always she started right up. WTF is going on

Put a socket on your head bolts and see if there is any turn in them.
I dont understand
The 4 nuts on top of the studs that hold the head and cylinder together onto the bottom end of your motor.

For at least the first 200 miles or so when breaking in the motor, they must be retightened every single heat cycle once the motor is completely cold again...The stud and threads loosen up from heat up and cool down...When this happens, all of your compression escapes preventing the motor from starting, hence his advice to you to retighten those top nuts to be sure everything is secured so this will not happen.

The 4 nuts on top of the studs that hold the head and cylinder together onto the bottom end of your motor.

For at least the first 200 miles or so when breaking in the motor, they must be retightened every single heat cycle once the motor is completely cold again...The stud and threads loosen up from heat up and cool down...When this happens, all of your compression escapes preventing the motor from starting, hence his advice to you to retighten those top nuts to be sure everything is secured so this will not happen.
Okay I'll do that right now I sure hope that's the issue.

This man needs a hydraulic clutch conversion lol
I just bought a slave cylinder from a dirt bike and some extra sprocket covers in an attempt to find and make something that works. This issue (worn clutch cam resulting in having to keep adjusting the clutch) seems common on the few bikes I've had and it would be great if there was a fix for it. I'll make my own post with the results. I just need to make a locking mechanism to hold the clutch open like the stock lever has.

If you aren't in a hurry you can get a bag full from Aliexpress for the same money.
I have some of the green ones, they seem ok with good bite. Not supposed to be as good as the black with the white squares, I have a bag full from Ali, have yet to try them.

Back