Clutch doesn't work? Started fine, then didn't accelerate, and didn't restart

Venom

Local time
5:11 PM
I started it fine, then I Hit the throttle to rev it, and I could hear the motor revving hard. But the bike didn't accelerate.

I didn't pedal to see if it was moving at all, and the bike WAS moving but very slowly.

So then I turned it off, and tried starting again and noticed the clutch wasn't hard. So it didn't start. I could peddle without pulling the clutch.

Basically if I let go of the clutch string, the bike keeps peddling.
I mean you can barely feel/hear the engine make that stroke noise. But it's like not pulling hard enough to start a cycle.

Maybe a pin inside the clutch mechanism broke? ?

I'm thinking the screw that holds the crank gear on has loosened, causing the woodruff key to come out of the groove. Remove the clutch cover carefully, as the key is probably laying inside, don't want to lose it! When replacing it, use blue Loctite on the screw.

if you go thru the proper clutch adjustment list, it will work or it will at least show you where the problem is

Ok. Ill do that.
Maybe it's the spring or something.

I took off the cover and the flywheel spins for 1/4th of the bike wheel. But the other 3/4ths it doesnt. So it might be loose, or the clutch nut.

Back