Bike Wont accelerate

WouldBeBiker

Local time
4:56 AM
Made some adjustment to the carb as the big cylinder in the middle was almost fully closed. I get up to speed, release the clutch, engine start going and when i pull the throttle i hear it slightly rev up but i dont accelerate and unless i keep petaling the engine dies. If you need me to take pics of anything just ask. Also i want to check the spark plug but i dont know how to get it out as my adjustable doesnt seem to get a good grip on it.

Will it idle if you pull the clutch back in after starting?
No it doesnt idle at all. Im thinking i might not have spark and/or it might be the CDI. (I dont know if a bad cdi would pevent spark or if it just transfers spark to the engine. I do not know how to test for spark because i dont have a bike stand.

Then I think you where right about the spark issue. Do you have a spark plug socket? If not I suggest you get one, an adjustable wrench is just a "one size strips all"

Then I think you where right about the spark issue. Do you have a spark plug socket? If not I suggest you get one, an adjustable wrench is just a "one size strips all"
I have a 3/16 socket which is what i belive it is but the actual wrench for it is missing :(. Ill just grab a hand one off amazon. Also ill replace the cdi as well as spark plug bucause the wiring is damaged it seems and its the stock one and i heard people have issue.

Back