Coaster Brake Mag Wheels??

Just a note: "padded hand brakes" also known as cable operated rim brakes, will eventually eat through your aluminum rims, just a mater of time and lack of brake pad inspection. Having a rim blow out at 30 MPH is not pretty.

I got rid of the old grease in my wheels and replaced it with a generous amount of lucasoil red n tacky. How many sets of caged bearing are there supposed to be in the rear coaster brake hub? I watched a video and he had three. Two were on the sprocket side and one was on the coaster brake side. But I could only find two. One on each side. Is mine just different?

My friend just looked at it and took it apart and found the 3rd set of bearings. But one thing I'm not sure about, should I grease the brake shoes or not? I believe they were greased when I bought them but my friend says they shouldn't be greased cause they won't brake then.

Yeti, Don't know if ya ordered your wheels from Puerto Rico yet? The hubs look China CHEEP I wouldn't trust em.
Since your looking for a Heavy Duty wheel I suggest Worksman Wheels 11 gauge spokes. As @MotoMagz suggested
Here is the parts list for Worksman Heavy Duty Bicycles and Wheels www.worksmancycles.com/media/2013/INB.pdf
www.worksmancycles.com is USA company since 1898. I've been running a set of Worksman Drum brake Wheels on my M/B for 15 years now and the wheels have over 37,500 miles on them. Well worth the little extra$
Their customer service is very helpful. Call them if ya have any Questions

I have found that brake cables give you a little Warning before they break.
After a while when you have to adjust your brake cable to get your brakes to work right is the Warning.
The brake cable is Stretched and starting to Fray. Time to replace your brake cable before it breaks.

I bought the wheels already. They look fine. They're made of steel, they're heavier than my other wheels. I don't see any imperfections. I took the entire thing apart and it looks well made. But I'm not a wheel expert. I will buy those worksman wheels if these break. AND THEY BETTER NOT I PAID $120!!

Back