Coming together better than expected

I spent a while planning- getting parts- getting cash together- assembling and modifying. This thing is really looking good I think. Let me know what you think

Attachments

• 20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    20210528_171349_HDR.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 1,982
What are you doing for brakes? Fix that front fender or take it off, needs one more stay at the front.

She's all done except I'm going to solder the wires and add a inch and a half so I can get the cdi up where I want it.
Maiden voyage scheduled for tomorrow
Thanks for everyone's help and guidance
What are you doing for brakes? Fix that front fender or take it off, needs one more stay at the front.
Your going to need better brakes there...the rear coaster brakes WILL fail as they werent built for the speed that is going to put out.

I replaced my fenders with these on my Hyper Cruiser which i notice you have as well...

Heres what it looks like with these fenders...much safer than what you have on there....DAMIEN

Attachments

• IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0353.jpg
    IMG_0353.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Yes I plan on most likely the plastic fenders like damion and probably a disk in the back and the regular friction brakes for the front.. I cant remember what they are called right this minute but what the bikes always come with

I figure I have over 100 miles that I have to take it really easy while everything breaks in so by the time I am going more than maybe 15 or 20 I'll have the fenders and brakes situated

So I got my bike running and took it for about 5 miles today until the damn chain started falling apart. I'm guessing that's a very common problem with these cause it came apart at 2 links while I was putting it together-
they did a horrible job peening the links on so I had already spent quite a bit of time going around the chain with a punch to get as much of a lip as I could but that still only held it together for a few miles so I think I'm just going to get a new chain

These run 40 chain dont they?

Other than that it seemed to be running pretty well- probably could use some jetting on the carb ( and of coarse mo power baby) but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out-
ill post some finished pics when I get back out to the garage probably tomorrow

Anyhow thank you everyone for being so helpful. It's communities like this that make a hobby all that much more exciting

It should be a 415 chain. Not to be confused with the 415 H (heavy). My chain kept breaking in the beginning due to the sprocket not sitting flat on my hub and the sprocket itself also needed to be flattened by hammering on a flat metal surface.

I've only ridden on the streets so far. I recently got a hitch on my car so I can put my bike on a rack and take it somewhere new on dirt. It sounds fun to ride it through woods. I need to get away from stop signs and cars lol.
I hear you on that. Them stop signs are old

Jeez- you had to flatten the sprocket? Even with it aligned? I'd rather just buy a better sprocket if its all that.. For sure I need to get rid of the rag joint mount and get a hub with a sprocket mount on it.
I have quite a few things I want to do to it as I put money aside but before I go for performance I just want to get it reliable

Back