Complete noob,zero experience, need advice for a build.

Maybe there will be some disagreement among some, but I never recommend aluminum frames for our type of motorised bikes...Aluminum frames just do not fare very well or hold up like a good, solid steel frame bike.
Oh ok. Now, imo, this frame I found is absolutely solid. Beautiful welds, a solid rear end hub mount (forgive my lack of better terms). This is one of the thickest bike frames I have ever seen actually. If you still say steel, I'll go look at a bike shop nearby with used bikes.

Just my opinion. Grubee is the only vendor I know that sells authentic 142/144f's. There might be others but I just don't know. I bought a clone 142f and you could tell by the casting and other little bits that it was a clone. It was a good motor and ran well but I sold it because of not knowing about the rev limiter at the time. As far as longevity, roll the dice.

Just my opinion. Grubee is the only vendor I know that sells authentic 142/144f's. There might be others but I just don't know. I bought a clone 142f and you could tell by the casting and other little bits that it was a clone. It was a good motor and ran well but I sold it because of not knowing about the rev limiter at the time. As far as longevity, roll the dice.
I've heard extremely mixed opinions on Grubee to begin with... Hm ...

Sounds good, makes sense to me. I'll probably go used, but that shouldn't matter much.
I used a Hyper Bike Company beachcruiser frame, handlebars, pedals and crank, and front fork to build my 2 stroke Phantom 85 with, I replaced everything else on the bike, it previously had my lower powered Zeda 80 on it...The frame is much more substantially made than your garden variety Kent's and Huffy's...See pics on the link below.

Yea he's hard to deal with on a warranty issue for sure. Usually if you buy what you need you're getting good stuff for this hobby. No vendor walks on water.
Fair point. Is this guy even trustworthy to buy from? Could I get totally ripped off?

Sounds good, makes sense to me. I'll probably go used, but that shouldn't matter much.
They can be bought brand new from Walmart for 148 bucks...lol.

bfb61811-6c28-4323-9ac2-8e0ff717cfe1_1.19a1af507b81bd794153b1c0bb3d3b08.jpeg

I used a Hyper Bike Company beachcruiser frame, handlebars, pedals and crank, and front fork to build my 2 stroke Phantom 85 with, I replaced everything else on the bike, it previously had my lower powered Zeda 80 on it...The frame is much more substantially made than your garden variety Kent's and Huffy's...See pics on the link below.

Oh cool. What about a generic yd100 vs a generic 53cc 4 stroke from eBay? Or is a 66cc engine just the all around best? I am concerned about noise...

Back