Dio Reed Setup - No start issue

Hey, when I unscrewed the main jet access from underneath the bowl..... a small cylindrical brass fell out! It has no thread or anything, what did I do now? I believe it goes on top of the emulsion tube/main jet thingy. What is that piece?

Pictures really help right now. lol
I know, but I don't know how to.... maybe I'll try tomorrow. Anyway, when I unscrewed the main jet and pulled it out, the small brass piece fell out with it. It goes on top of the emulsin tube/main jet I believe, because it fell out after. Weird thing is it never did that the many times I unscrewed the main jet with the whole carb bowl off, only when I got smart (or dumb in this case) and unscrewed the main jet from the access hole on the bottom.

I know, but I don't know how to.... maybe I'll try tomorrow. Anyway, when I unscrewed the main jet and pulled it out, the small brass piece fell out with it. It goes on top of the emulsin tube/main jet I believe, because it fell out after. Weird thing is it never did that the many times I unscrewed the main jet with the whole carb bowl off, only when I got smart (or dumb in this case) and unscrewed the main jet from the access hole on the bottom.
It could be the atomizer/ emulsion tube bushing as they are called, but there not supposed to just fall out, they should be some what a press fit. Is this same carb that bike wont start on? Could be a faulty carb. If you can get some pics it helps us alot.

It could be the atomizer/ emulsion tube bushing as they are called, but there not supposed to just fall out, they should be some what a press fit. Is this same carb that bike wont start on? Could be a faulty carb. If you can get some pics it helps us alot.
I believe you are on to something, it could be a bushing as it has no thread or anything. Should I just jam it back in there? I've look at Youtube videos and it shows that piece... it was a disassembly video so I would assume it can and does come off? And yes, this is the clone of the OKO PWK 21mm carb I just bought not long ago.

I believe you are on to something, it could be a bushing as it has no thread or anything. Should I just jam it back in there? I've look at Youtube videos and it shows that piece... it was a disassembly video so I would assume it can and does come off? And yes, this is the clone of the OKO PWK 21mm carb I just bought not long ago.
Does that piece that fell out have a c-notch on it? Or should I say a half circle cut into the bushing. Them bushings are directional, aka they need to point in a certain direction once installed in the carb.

Never jam anything into a carb. lol

Does that piece that fell out have a c-notch on it? Or should I say a half circle cut into the bushing. Them bushings are directional, aka they need to point in a certain direction once installed in the carb.
It's this piece here @ the 50 second mark. The small brass cylinder thingy in the middle of screen.

Back