Disguising an engine

Here are some updated photos of the bike after upgrading the forks to suspension forks (which involved replacing the headset from threaded to threadless), stem, handlebars, grips and grip shifters, brakes and levers (front to disc). I also put a motorcycle type switch on that controls my headlight, horn, and kill switch with another switch available for future use You can see my tach/hour meter (showing the idle speed about 3k) and the computer. Also on the handlebars is a mount for my garmin GPS. That probably won't get much use, but I thought it was cool so I bought it.

Warner

Attachments

• mabnew.jpg
    mabnew.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 324
  • mabnew2.jpg
    mabnew2.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 339
more pics to come

i have more pics to come but yet my exhuast pipe mod tubing is quiet and i finally got it to stay connected... it was falling off like once a week.. i will take a video of my friends stock exhaust running and mine and you will all see that just extending the muffler by a few feet.now i need to figure out how to make the induction of the carb more quiet... and look for more speed because it goes to slow for me now that i got used to the bike... mine is the fastest out of three... the tubing creates a very nice amount of back pressure and my motor is idled to shut right off when the clutch is in but yet it keeps on running for like ten to fifteen seconds.. how long is it supposed to keep running for when idled down like that ?? more to come soon... email me at thine82@live.com if you have questions...

If one cut to size a piece of old sacking with holes in it, and carefully sewed and wrapped it round a Robin 35 to disguise its shape, would there still be enough ventilation flowing through the holes to provide sufficient cooling?

8854726.jpg

Again, if it's legal, why hide it ? If it's illegal, chances are you'll eventually get caught anyway !

I agree 110% with this statement.
I don't get why someone would want to hide their engine.(unless it REALLY looks terrible)
it's not like hiding the engine will also cloak the sound coming from the exhaust.
show it off man!

Mifletz, if you place your camaflogue so that air can flow UP into the air intake of the cooling fan - it will work.

By the way, my bike #1 has a hidden motor.

Advantages:
It looks like a bike whereever you ride.

Looks like a bike a near-homeless guy would ride- a big deterrent to theft.

Disadvantage: if you want to feel proud of your handiwork, you are truly left out.
Bike One is very quiet - a 4 stroke HF79 with 2 mufflers in series.

Back