Dismantling a Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some wear...

Thanks Vegaspaddy and G-Superior,
The Honda cam looks much better than the Huasheng, the plasic looks like it would slide more and that would reduce frictional wear.
Opened engine up last night, same problem a little more damage, but not bad, have attached pics. Need to use a thicker piece of steel, observe the piece that bent up higher is the one that busted, also wondering if I might try bending new lock piece up from sides as opposed to ends.

Just noteing from your pics, it looks as if you have a fair bit of wear on your crank journal and rod cap. May not be serious, but I'd keep an eye on it.

Don't want a spun bearing here...believe me!

I purchased this engine as part of the G4 kit, and it is only 9 mths old. The G4 kit had issue with the free wheel sprocket, the sprockets fail and when they do a severe jolt hits engine.
I purchased the G4 four stroke kit, because I was over the failures of two stroke kits and purchased kits because I did not have the time to engineer a solution myself.
My experience with kits so far tells me they are **** and I need to engineer a solution that works, am impressed by what I see in this Push Trailer forum.

Thanks Scotto-, there was also scoring in the cylinder and although I did not check, the head was probably damaged as well. Interested to know if the Honda uses lock washers on the crank & rod connection.
I have ride-on lawn mowers and chain saws that are pushed 20 times harder than this thing and they still run well after 15 yrs of use.

mr.

Trying to find a fix to the 49cc Hussein cam gear that shredded after 2 hrs of riding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back