Dismantling a Hua Sheng F142 49cc 4 stroke engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
vegaspaddy thats what happens to me when i live me mate in the garage and go out to get something :geek:
last time i could only hear BROMMM BROMMM from miles away
can anyone guess what it was?
Yes it was my big old Kohler tractor engine that i had sitting on the workbench with out oil(it was having an oil change and the exhaust was not on thats why it was so loud!)
As soon as hear it i pedaled the cr@p out off myself and went as fast as posible to stop it. lucky i was that it didint ran for long and is got the good old style cast iron bore so there was no visible damage at all:D
G-Superior:D

Well 2nd rebuild run went further than other runs, about 5km, then same sound as before. Feels like she has lost a little power on hills.
A bit over rebuilding, but getting faster at it.

now i cant sleep tonight, that cog i will check tomorrow to see what it is made off. That cog is called the CAM in the manual, so i will pop the screws off tomorrow and check for you.

At least i can sleep now...

glad i checked,

its mostly plastic...whew glad i checked...the arrow on top is to realign the cam when rebuilding the engine. and you can see the cam shape on the reverse.

photos attached..

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_2070.jpg

looks like it is made out of the same material as the briggs engines
my dads mate has a machine shop and he has tonnes of that material, will ask him next time that i go there:D
G-Superior:D

Thanks Vegaspaddy and G-Superior,
The Honda cam looks much better than the Huasheng, the plasic looks like it would slide more and that would reduce frictional wear.
Opened engine up last night, same problem a little more damage, but not bad, have attached pics. Need to use a thicker piece of steel, observe the piece that bent up higher is the one that busted, also wondering if I might try bending new lock piece up from sides as opposed to ends.

Attachments

• 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 1,057
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 1,078
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,172
Thanks Vegaspaddy, good to know.
Got some Red Threadlock to use, which is the strongest I could find.

Made a new Oil Dipper last night, the Rod Cap is on last leg, have attached pics.
Over cheap **** from China

Attachments

• 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1,037
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 1,112
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back