Do you think it's possible to stud contenental tires?

I kinda feel these blocks are halfway between generic "pot metal" and 6061, like a higher grade chinesium lol. really, it's bad castings not the alloys fault

It's not to start the engine, it's to keep it from cracking imho, that's why some cars have a engine block heater (not for this purpose, but it's a added benefit) hell even new Honda civic's have that option. Main reason I'm recommending it is so that it doesn't crack it. (Keep in mind, these engines are made of the cheapest metals they can get there hands on, it's almost guaranteed to crack in the cold). But that's just my opinion

Aircooled engines, especially 2 strokes are fine for subzero temperatures, there's no water to "crack the block", and there's no oil sump filled with oil that will make starting the engine sluggish because the oil is so thick. You may need to warm them up on the choke a couple minutes longer before taking off. It's why they use air cooled 2 cycle engine in the Arctic and Antactic for vehicles, they start easily when it's 40 below zero.

Last edited:
Always a chance to be struck by a meteorite as well. I would bet so many more people have broken their bikes from tipping over than ice build up cracking the fins. While the varying metal make up makes it extremely difficult to predict expansion rates on this metal, the difference from 15 degrees Fahrenheit to 50 degrees F is miniscule between the difference from 50 F to 500 F

Back