Duck, Duck, Mongoose.

I have finally settled on my next bike. It's a steel frame Mongoose Creekside. This bikes sole purpose will be speed and R&D. I've had this bike for some time and have already replaced all the bearings with sealed cartridges in the headset and bottom bracket. It had brand new everything as I had just rebuilt the bike before I stumbled upon this motorized bicycle craze.
This bike is going to be the recipient of the Dio Reed Sleeved Stroker Engine I'm building. The Jack shaft kit has been ordered along with another Oko carb. The rear rack is going and the seat is getting lowered and pulled back.
Going get rid of the suspension forks and go with a set of 30" triple trees forks with clip on bars. I'm still undecided about the gas tank but I'm sure I'll think of something and change my mind 10 times long before then. This build isnt in a rush to finish as I still have really never finished the Rambler yet and need to finish up the lighting system I have for it. And im also getting married for the first time in October and I have lots to do before the wedding. I will however keep the build updated as it progresses.
20190731_215831.jpg
20190731_215939.jpg
20190627_195056.jpg
20190731_220138.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

20190731_220158.jpg
20190731_220215.jpg
20190731_220226.jpg

Attachments

• 20190731_220143.jpg
    20190731_220143.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 406
When did you start, July?! That makes us both government workers. lol. Just kidding, good work, looks really cool. I usually do ghetto work and dont care about ashetics too much. the Stickers are cool, i just cut out part of a mta card and printed a little thing and taped it on, but that looks fancy.....
Whats the speed?! 30mph?! 40?.. I wanna see a video of that on the expressway or on rail tracks. In india ppl make their own r/r cars out of lumber and an lil 4 stroke and run them on abandoned lines to get around town. Looks nice, but you should save some room next time in the lunchbox for your lunch though....
im confident that this bike will hit 60mph. the engine has been completely gone thru and has a 42mm crank thats been balanced and stuffed, the case is also stuffed the exhaust ports been raised and widened, boost port added with a polished windowed piston. the cylinder is a sleeved g5 cylider i modified to accept the dio reed block.the squish gap is set at .7mm and like dan said its got the cnc clutch plate. this bike should easily hit 60mph but if not it will with the nitrous boost

That's okay. It wasn't a real question so much as an exclamation, an expression of my excitement. 😄
Believe me its killing me having to stare at it everyday and not being able to take it out. Hopefully we get an early taste of spring. I'm super excited to try it out and get it all dialed in and set the carb up.😀😀😀

im confident that this bike will hit 60mph. the engine has been completely gone thru and has a 42mm crank thats been balanced and stuffed, the case is also stuffed the exhaust ports been raised and widened, boost port added with a polished windowed piston. the cylinder is a sleeved g5 cylider i modified to accept the dio reed block.the squish gap is set at .7mm and like dan said its got the cnc clutch plate. this bike should easily hit 60mph but if not it will with the nitrous boost
What your going to use n20? Where in the rpm range do you think this will work? Also curious as to how your going to add fuel during the hit so as not to melt the thing?

This is by no means a real n20 system. It's just a small microburst system. I'm skeptical if it's even going to work or what gains it will give. However I thought I'd give it a try. According to their website it's good for any rpm range and best at WOT. Its not really something im going to be using regularly just something I wanted to try out. I definately being running it on the rich side when I do test it out. If it melts then I guess I build another one.

If there ever was a test for the N360 this will be it! I bet your running your furnace on high with your doors open trying to help global warming a little so you can get out and try this out! I would be lol. Please wait for no ice at least man that thing is way too sweet to crash on the maiden ride.

If there ever was a test for the N360 this will be it! I bet your running your furnace on high with your doors open trying to help global warming a little so you can get out and try this out! I would be lol. Please wait for no ice at least man that thing is way too sweet to crash on the maiden ride.
thanks frog. i got the doors and windows wide open. spring cant get here soon enough thats for sure. ill be waiting for the spring mainly because ikeep the bikes in the basement over the winter and its a royal pain in the ass to get them in and out so ill most likely just wait until its closer to riding season. im going to redo my first build and change some things around on it while im waiting for spring to arrive.

This is by no means a real n20 system. It's just a small microburst system. I'm skeptical if it's even going to work or what gains it will give. However I thought I'd give it a try. According to their website it's good for any rpm range and best at WOT. Its not really something im going to be using regularly just something I wanted to try out. I definately being running it on the rich side when I do test it out. If it melts then I guess I build another one.
The problem with those "nitrous kits" is that even on a small engine the bottle is waaayyy too tiny. I calculated it out before and even a tiny theoretical 2hp shot of nitrous from a charger that size gives less than THREE SECONDS of use per bottle. For just 2hp worth lol! That means its either less than 2hp of power and won't do much, or it will give a noticeable difference but only for a few(2-5) seconds per bottle. Neither case is very attractive.

To be worth while you would need an actual 1lb bottle, not a 16g charger(which is only .035lbs worth of nitrous). 1lb bottle would last about a full minute worth of spraying with a 2hp shot, which should give a couple runs and be a good balance of being relatively "safe" on a chinagirl while still actually making a difference. I don't think an actual 2hp jet exists though, smallest I have ever seen is a ~3hp jet, so these "micro" kits are either spraying standard 3 or 5hp size jets but ran at a lower than normal psi to get smaller and safer shots, or just giving the large shots for a very short period of time(literally 3-5 seconds). Heck, I've seen youtube videos where they run them NO JET, just straight to the intake which is the dumbest thing ever. Standard nitrous system psi is 800-900 and I highly doubt those chargers are anywhere near there so no real way to calculate safe usage of those kits.

TL;DR: Those kits might give you a few seconds of fun out of the box, but don't try to upgrade the kit or change anything since we don't know the jet size they are using nor the psi of the chargers. Nitrous is not something you want to just guess at, so I can't really recommend those kits for more than just goofing around.

Back