Votes: 7 36.8%
  • full choke no throttle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no choke half tickle throttle.

Votes: 10 52.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Custom mens silver

engine will not fit because of that bar right????????????
Wont that bar in middle get in way?

Starting motored bike when warm

I have a frame mount motorized bicycle what is the best way to start it when warm? I do not have any problems starting it when cold just full choke full throttle. Or when hot just open choke tickle throttle. What about when warm?

Last edited by a moderator:
i have never needed to use the choke cold or warm don't know why it fust seems to work with out it

Choke

Mybe you are burning rich.
How many pedals does it take to start your bike? In my opinion it is best to get up as fast a speed as you can then pop the clutch. I just feel like it takes excessive amount of effort to get mine started. Wish I knew why. especially when it is warm the engine that is.

5 or 6 pedals and i'm good to go i don't think i'm burning rich i think i'm just lucky

5 or 6 pedals and i'm good to go i don't think i'm burning rich i think i'm just lucky

Sounds like it. :D Just curious, what is the resistance reading on your magneto? Black wire to blue or green.

when riding if i put the choke on the engine dies so i'm guessing there is no air leak anywhere

Ya, need to check resistance

Ya, I need to check the resistance on the magnito. I am going get the multi tester next trip back to ATL I will let you know then. I think it might be my magnito.. The gap on my spark plug is paper thin. and it will only run when it is like that. Can I clean off the metal wheel thing on the maginito with an emory board and put dielectric greese on it? better get the resistance first.

I never need to use the tickle. I use the choke if its cold but if its sunny even if I havent started it in several hours I dont need the choke.

Back