Electric start on china motor?

newuser3466

Local time
12:13 PM
If i attach a battery to the cdi and add a push switch can i press the switch to make it electric start because technically you need to have a spark so it should fire up??

If i attach a battery to the cdi and add a push switch can i press the switch to make it electric start because technically you need to have a spark so it should fire up??
I'm thinking you will fry the electronics in the CDI...lol.

You have to have some sort of starter motor that will actually be geared to the motor in order to do an electric start in the first place.

A starter switch is then connected to the starter itself, not the CDI unit...lol.

Watcha trying to do Diesel???...lol...Turn the poor guy into a rolling shish kabob???...lol.
I just got a laugh out of it. I was bn smart azz. I apologize. But that's also why I came back & mentioned the couple other china girl engines.

I'm totally lost here. To me "electric start" means an electric motor spins the crankshaft so you don't have to pull the cord. What's all this about foolin' around with the CDI ? The first thing you need is the electric motor. Assuming you have this the "push button" would activate a solenoid to start the motor spinning. If your "killswitch" is in the run position it'll spark. Don't mess with the CDI. You'll burn it up.

I'm totally lost here. To me "electric start" means an electric motor spins the crankshaft so you don't have to pull the cord. What's all this about foolin' around with the CDI ? The first thing you need is the electric motor. Assuming you have this the "push button" would activate a solenoid to start the motor spinning. If your "killswitch" is in the run position it'll spark. Don't mess with the CDI. You'll burn it up.
I think we all pretty much covered all of that territory already...lol...lol.

I'm thinking you will fry the electronics in the CDI...lol.

You have to have some sort of starter motor that will actually be geared to the motor in order to do an electric start in the first place.

A starter switch is then connected to the starter itself, not the CDI unit...lol.
Only electric start china girl is the BT80, you can check into them.

Back