First bike build. Clutch very stiff?

The spring is just as important as the clutch lever cam pin.
Actually the pin is used to keep the clutch arm in, which is important if you want to stop. The extra spring just makes stopping a tiny bit harder while putting excessive strain on the clutch cable, increasing the chances it will break and thereby making it extra harder to stop.

So far the spring is a piece of s**t and borderline safety hazard.

Spring bring out the passion in man. Sheriff Bart no like spring, no use. Mongo like spring.
Mongo from Blazing Saddles?
tenor.gif

Actually the pin is used to keep the clutch arm in, which is important if you want to stop. The extra spring just makes stopping a tiny bit harder while putting excessive strain on the clutch cable, increasing the chances it will break and thereby making it extra harder to stop.

So far the spring is a piece of sh*t and borderline safety hazard.

And if the rider has a slotted clutch arm its a little more important when doing anything with the clutch.

Just saying it is there for a reason.

And if the rider has a slotted clutch arm its a little more important when doing anything with the clutch.

Just saying it is there for a reason.
It wouldn't surprise me if it was intended originally to keep the arm tight to the cable stop so it wouldn't slip out the notch rather than relieving pressure on the bucking bar.

Speaking of stiff clutch. I'm having the same problem. I've not ridden it and not even put fuel in it cause I had issues with clutch and chain...chain issue solved after I broke 3 bolts and stripped the other six. I do have loops around the handle bars but it is loose loops. I broke the screw in the clutch arm hence the hose clamp. Ideas any one?

Attachments

• IMG_20170519_2209235_rewind.jpg
    IMG_20170519_2209235_rewind.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 83
Back