first build and new to site

this is my first build as the title states any input would be great. its an all aluminum from toy r us (good or bad choice??) the only thing that questions my is the coaster break ( good enough for stopping ??)

Attachments

• 1st.jpg
    1st.jpg
    305.6 KB · Views: 625
That is a very good looking bike. I don't know much about aluminum frames for these. Haven't I heard somewhere that it's not ideal? If I'm right about that, then Bel Air ought to know it. Opinions?

You guys have reminded me of something that I haven't thought about in a long time.
As a kid I learned to ride bikes with coaster brakes. I remember the first time I road a multi-speed, hand-braked bike. I must have been about 7 or 8 years old. Got up a bit of speed, then started pedalling (rather maniacally) backwards trying to stop. Until I slammed into a curb and blew out the front tire. (On a borrowed bike, to boot).

Oh well....live and learn.

the best part in the aluminum bike is it is lite 55lbs wet the bad is the motor vibration is wearing the frame so im gonna make some steel inserts for the frame mounts. on another note ive lost so many nuts from the vibration :eek: so i bought a bunch on nylock nut and im replacing ias i loose them

haha right on. get yourself some red locktite for the bolts you dont need to get undone for service, and blue for the ones you need to be able to hand break loose again. nylocks are really good.
if the vibration bothers your hands, fill your handlebars with some steel shot, i can mail you some if you need it

eeeh. not too sure on that one. pm me your address and ill hook you up with some if its not too expensive to mail.

*i got a tub full from my old job where we blasted 20lb propane tanks. worked great in my bars. i didnt ride it without but i know for a fact theres not a single vibe. my feet are bothered b pedal vibration more than my hands!

Back