Chain Tensioner frame engine drive chain tensioner

went for a 20 mile ride 2 days ago and totally forgot I had installed it. Both bikes are fitted with the sprocket now. Thanks again Large.:D

Attachments

• sprocket 004.JPG
    sprocket 004.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 427
  • moon 029.JPG
    moon 029.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 387
  • moon 033.JPG
    moon 033.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 393
Yup, you did it Large! now we gotta change your name to" Large Filipino Legand".
What a great find! LFL
Sometimes the simplest things if used creatively can simplify life by leaps and bounds!

Just some fine-tune-pos-feedback, after the bike run I quickly glanced at the gear and all looked incredibly well.
The ONLY change I'll experiment with is a gear with a larger diameter because I "felt" there might be some sort of restriction if the smaller gears are used due to too much spin. Sort of a ratio principle if that makes any sense.
I would also try fitting a small bearing and the bolt fits the bearing in future somehow, but these are just experiments, nothing big deal or urgent and I hope it's seen in positive light.
Other than that, it simply beats the supplied tensionor when not much else is avialable or the threads strip on the supplied pin. This method, when choosing the bolt, we can choose hi-tensile and tighten it up to queen's pleasure and the threads won't strip. Also, as a spare part it can be gotton anywhere and if lucky ya might find one on the side of the road, hard-rubbish etc.
For me it passed yesterday's test run which was over 100Km.

All the best LFL !

coors light for you LFL if your ever down south! quiter, smoother even feels like it coasts faster with clutch in, but probably my imagination, cheers again.

Here's a solution re tensioner

Get a small cog wheel and bolt it on as shown in picture using non-Chinese bolt & nut. I've also seen the bottom of an old derailleur used by turning it upside down and bolted to the slide plate so the spring pushes it upwards.
Hope this helps.
Irish John

Attachments

• tensioner.jpg
    tensioner.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 412
Thanks Irish, always room for improvements.
Today though it failed me, nothing to do with non-kit parts, it was the spring washers that came with the kit. I still had them on the 2 plate bolts, must have over looked it. Well, the spring washers snapped therefore the 2 plates slid down the frame a fraction causing the chain to fall off.
Fortunately I was near another MB place and fixed it. Got me home.
It's ludicroos, these bolts,nuts and now even the washers seem to need a complete overhaul.
Everything else is working fine, the motor does not miss a beat.

It's my fault for I was rigging different rims turns out my NoMoreFlats tube is warped hopping as I'm churning along no worries I'll get another one at Wal Mart and get another cheap bike for the back rim but with all the kaos with switching sprockets and installing my wheel,I find my rear derailler is shot so I shortened my chain and I like it better and my spoke job is straight and true but it's OFFSET to the right what gives? Anyway I didn't pay any attention to my idler sprocket and it was angled wrong not in line with the chain and I went for it and it went "plunk" and I stopped and had to replace it from my tool pouch but this time I straightened it out and I'm rolling again. So it's important that this sprocket is aligned straight or this too may happen to you!!!!!!! :D

Attachments

• 100_0748 copy.JPG
    100_0748 copy.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 100_0749 copy.JPG
    100_0749 copy.JPG
    178 KB · Views: 340
  • 100_0750 copy.JPG
    100_0750 copy.JPG
    168.9 KB · Views: 317
  • 100_0751 copy.JPG
    100_0751 copy.JPG