Fred Head Questions

Not sure that method is gonna work on mine because it has that divider down the middle, so the charge going through the side closest to the exhaust is gonna hit the divider and end up in the same place.
Intake side
View attachment 95714
InkedYeti's jug_LI.jpg

Exhaust side
Take away the blue area and try to match the angle of the bridge or other wall best you can as H.P. said just take you're time and blend it in nice and smooth.

Do you guys think this will also help more of the charge to flow towards the intake side? Shaving off that corner of the divider thing all the way to the 2 red lines. What would be left is only a corner at the right red line.

Last edited:
Do you guys think this will also help more of the charge to flow towards the intake side? Shaving off that corner of the divider thing all the way to the 2 red lines. What would be left is only a corner at the right red line.
View attachment 95792
[/QUOTE
No need that walls angle has an edge all ready suited to the flow.The most flow pressure is at the high corner closest to the intake and the mass of flow follows it thru the cross section so that's why you want that exh side wall to be close to the same angle.

Ok, thanks. When you say same angle, do you mean this? (Parallel)

this? (Meet at same deflection point)

Or this? (Meet at same point exiting transfer)

Attachments

• PicsArt_05-24-08.11.00.jpg
    PicsArt_05-24-08.11.00.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Oh nevermind, I missed "wall" in "exh side wall to be close to the same angle."
Silly Yeti 😀. I understand it a lot more now.

Last edited:
I can't find the right motor head stud for my flying horse engine. I went on bikeberry, where I got my engine, and they have 2 sizes. Both 110mm long, there is an 8mm diameter 1.25mm pitch, and a 6mm 1mm pitch. My motor head stud is 8mm diameter 1mm pitch. How is this possible? I tried other websites and couldn't find it. What the heck :LOL:

My head nuts I got from my Fred head fit my stock m8 1mm thread pitch studs, so its got to be a regular size of something. That is weird too.

Maybe for pk80?

Last edited:
Double check that both ends are the same,they used to have 8mm x 1.25 on the bottom and 8mm x 1.0 on the top.
Yeah, both ends are the same. I measured both ends and they are both 1mm thread pitch. I tried screwing both ends into the engine and they both worked.

Back