Fuel Leaking from Carburetor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Terry! Glad to meet you, you will be able to learn alot here!
That is to bad about your gas leak, but it is quite common on these kits. The studs on the gas tank are not welded on very good. So if you tighten them to much they will crack, or break.
Vibration will crack or break them too.
If that is what happened you might be able to reweld them.
Or you might have to get another one.
Next time you mount a tank put on thick two sided tape on the frame where you intend to mount the tank, to help hold the tank, and to reduce vibration . That way you will not have to tighten the nuts so much.

As for your throttle , you have to say what you are feeling deferent with it.Could just be out of adjustment. Or broken end tip. Hope this helps you! Ken.
Keep looking up!

Last edited:
Good looking bike Terry!
If you put your finger on the idle adjustment screw on the carburetor , you can feel if the slid is hitting the screw when you have the throttle wide open them let it go and you feel the spring push the slide down and hit the screw.
If you don't feel any spring pressure when you twist the throttle , then their is something broken somewhere .
Keep at it , you will get it , OK. Keep looking up! Ken.

Thanks man it's my first so I'm still learning!!!! Thanks for all the info ken. I need a new set the chopper bike set is hard on the a$# lol. I want to get one that two people can set on and I'm gonna put some pegs on the back

I got a kit from BGF that had the same problem. Finally, I removed the bowl, and voila! the pin that holds the float tangs was sitting loose in the bottom of the bowl. About the throttle cable, they are quite often too long and poor routing will cause them to bind. SBP has a throttle kit which is much higher quality and has different lengths of cable.

Thanks man it's my first so I'm still learning!!!! Thanks for all the info ken. I need a new set the chopper bike set is hard on the a$# lol. I want to get one that two people can set on and I'm gonna put some pegs on the back
Yeah ! A Banana seat with a Sissybar will look real good on your bike. Keep us updated on how you are doing. And Pictures!
Keep looking up! Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back