General ? FD with good engine clutch not engaging properly

buzzaed43

Local time
6:34 PM
Hi all. I have had many FDs and this one is nuts I am using a china gx50 going on a viper fd kit
I engine is fine the clutch have swaped it for another I knew worked and still its not fully engaging the rpm is good the clutch engages enough to spin the wheel no load.Adj the engines spacers to give more bite, cleaned eveything.
As I know both halves of the kit work on their own WTH

Do you have a pic of your Viper FD? Never heard of 1. Is your engine the Chinese clone of the Honda gx50? Did the kit/clutch ever work right? Only reasons a clutch like these won't work is to slip, or the springs won't let the pads expand, or the pads are worn down. Need more info, pic of the clutch that doesn't work will help. Is this a 2/3 shoe clutch with 2/3 springs? Is it mounted on the crankshaft or to a plate with 2 bolts?

Here's one, looks to be a bigger version of a staton kit for ice auger motors. Im wondering if the kit puts too much pressure on the tire to where you cant have a clutch due to having too much pressure on the roller.

Mark you're right. Just need to find out what clutch he has now. Might be something different. He said he has 2 of them.

Mark you're right. Just need to find out what clutch he has now. Might be something different. He said he has 2 of them.
Possibly. The main thing is viper only made a handful of FD kits before they went under. So parts are basically impossible to find. if he's running a GX50 its probably got a built-in clutch basket like the staton (again, assuming its a similar design)

Hi all Ive had the viper kit run on a china gx 31 and a 48cc 2 cycle. The engine was used as a demo for a motor skate board so it has worked with a clutch, As I said I took the clutch it came with, off and put on a clutch I KNEW works
All is clean norm roller psi on the tire. I will get sum pix
THANKS FOR UR AID !

I agree with Mark, I think you have too much pressure on your tire. Or you if you are running a tire larger than the one you had it on before you might have some sort of gear ratio issue.

Back