• Register now! It's free and easy.
  • Show your bike to the world, upload a photo today!
  • Hi Guest, did you know we have a dark style? It might be easier on the eyes at night time! Try it out here: Style Chooser

Golf Clubs and Biking

M

MotoredTed

I have been thinking about how to get to the golf course with my clubs. Im sure I can get 4 or 5 of them strapped to my bike somehow,maybe a sunday bag or something. I just wondered if we had any Golfer Motered Bikers in the forum? And how are you doin it.
P.S. Augie I did a search and found nothing.

Ted

W

wavygravy

use really small clubs, then you could tie them to the spokes & carry the whole set! lol!

srdavo

I towed my pushcart behind a bicycle once. It worked well at low speeds. (10-12 mph) On a downhill, near the course, I picked up some speed ...the cart started whipping back & forth & flipped upsidedown, before I could slow down. I had prolly a dozen golfballs rolling down the hill. It musta been quite a sight! hahaha

A

Abeagle

That was too funny srdavo, I could see that happening to me.
Thanks for that info.

D

Dockspa1

Just get a child carrier trailer or make one. Do a search and you will see a post on how to make one out of conduit. I found a double child trailer at the local thrift shop for around 25 bucks.

azbill

the trailer idea seems like a good one
get a used one...or build, if so inclined:D
(leave the snap-on top off and you could carry a full set easily)

L

Large Filipino

If you don't like the trailer idea,build a trike,or even a sidecar!
Or get one of them double baskets that go over your rear tire and modify one side to accept your bag and the other side for odds and ends.

S

smitty

Somewhere around here (computer) I saw a specialized rack to carry a baseball bat. I think it was mounted to an old Sting Ray. It held it vertically mounted off the rear axle. Perhaps you could fabricate one for a golf bag, although I realize golf clubs are quite a bit heavier. I found another forum(!?!?) called The Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange, maybe I saw it there.