Good alternative to Grubee 4G transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No broke 2 bells in the last year. First was from 2009 or so. You claim they have better bells now, are they only installing those in new 4gs and selling the old crap bells as replacement parts? My replacement from February had identical crap tack welds as the ancient one. I seen no update period as you claim they've done.
Could be a different metal for the bell, or a better welding method, different rods/fillers have different properties, some are stronger while others are weak. It would be anything that made the improvement and none of which you could be sure about. 8 years is pretty good for something you claim is crap. Nothing except for hub's and frames last that long on a bike, and even then they can fail sooner than that.

If I were you I'd take the second failure as bad luck and try to make sure it wasn't something else causing the failure, and try to get a replacement if it's under warranty.

Why can't the weld circle the whole shaft/bell connection point? Why is there no weld on the other side? Its literally just 2 tack welds...
4G-78-CCPPS-inside.jpg

Pretty sure this can be done better...

Why can't the weld circle the whole shaft/bell connection point? Why is there no weld on the other side? Its literally just 2 tack welds...
4G-78-CCPPS-inside.jpg

Well I wouldn't go as far as saying 2 half inch beads count as tack welds...

They are welding what looks to be a half inch diameter post to a bell, there's not a lot of material there and they may have just skipped welding the entire way round to keep the integrity of the metal up, steel gets brittle at weld points and going the entire way round could be structurally bad... Many of us are relying on a small woodruff key to transfer forces between parts.

Some metal should be left for flexibility rather than a large brittle surface to sustain the integrity of the bell. An extra backing plate tack welded to the post and then to the back of the bell could add some ridgedness to the system if there's room for it.

4G-78-CCPPS-inside.jpg

Like I said before if you have it properly welded up with a tig welder (should only cost a few dollars) it should hold up just fine tig is the best for keeping the heat down .

There are other possible causes, the engine shaft, the clutch itself, and the installer.
All I know is the HS 142F-1G clutch attached engine and a 4G transfer case is best way to go 4-stroke.

what is the difference between 4-5-7g belt transmission and what is better chain or belt?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back