Good alternative to Grubee 4G transmission?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering going with a jackshaft kit someday in the future. What is a good reliable jackshaft kit for my Dyno Deuce cruiser? I am considering it because originally it came with a 24X3 flame slick that really pulls off the bikes hotrod style & I would like to keep that look.

In the short term I'll have to go with thinner rear tire & a rear sprocket adapter in combination with a modified 5G transmission. That would be the cheapest short term solution to get my bike up & running again so that I can use my bike for a while before making the jackshaft upgrade.

Can't say got sure but sickbikeparts is genuinely the best.

The jackshaft would probably compliment the bike actually, it's got that look, it would be a wonderful ride. You may was well follow KCvale's perfection and build a very good bike right off the bat. If you can shift gears while riding a normal bike then this is a breeze for travel.

Won't hurt to get it out of the way but you'll regret every minute you spent riding without gears once you've finally installed it if you put it off till later.

Then again if you have a speed limit law you'd like to easily stay within then go direct drive if your terrain is pretty level. Then you can gear in a certain speed to be the best speed for travel with power behind it. Then you get used to the engine revs to match your real speed. Safer driving actually.

I'm considering going with a jackshaft kit someday in the future. What is a good reliable jackshaft kit for my Dyno Deuce cruiser? I am considering it because originally it came with a 24X3 flame slick that really pulls off the bikes hotrod style & I would like to keep that look.

In the short term I'll have to go with thinner rear tire & a rear sprocket adapter in combination with a modified 5G transmission. That would be the cheapest short term solution to get my bike up & running again so that I can use my bike for a while before making the jackshaft upgrade.
The only jackshaft kit worth using is www.sickbikeparts.com
Make the mistake of maybe saving a few dollars on the shoddy chinesey knock offs and you won't have reliable....

Does the Dyno have a geared rear hub? How are you going to install gears?

Stop calling that pocket bike gearbox a 5G.
Bikeberry dishonestly called them 5g to confuse buyers who know the 4g transmissions.

However it's easy to offset your motor to get a straight chain line past a 3" wide tire.

The only jackshaft kit worth using is www.sickbikeparts.com
Make the mistake of maybe saving a few dollars on the shoddy chinesey knock offs and you won't have reliable....

Does the Dyno have a geared rear hub? How are you going to install gears?

Stop calling that pocket bike gearbox a 5G.
Bikeberry dishonestly called them 5g to confuse buyers who know the 4g transmissions.

However it's easy to offset your motor to get a straight chain line past a 3" wide tire.

I wasn't planning to use gears just trying to allow chain clearance away from a 3 wide tire. It uses a standard single speed coaster brake rear hub. I was thinking of of getting a internal shifter rear hub but probably wont for a while. I just ordered a rear sprocket adapter from Amazon for $25. It's not the CNC adapter bikeberry sells but the one that uses three pieces clamped together with a hose clamp. Still looks like a better alternative to those crappy rag joint sprocket clamps that come with the kit which are a real pain in the ass to install & level the sprocket.

I was also thinking of going with a thinner 410 chain to clear the tire better without having to go with a jackshaft. I would have to go with a direct drive setup for a while untill I have the money for a jackshaft kit. I think the tire can be cleared if I space the sprocket enough & flip it to where the teeth are out & slide the engine enough to the point where the chain can clear the tire. I would also have to get Allan key bolts with thinner heads so the bolts can pass my coaster brake arm without having to bend it anymore than I already have. Had to adapt the coaster brake arm with a bracket back on to the frame of the bike after bending it just to clear the standard wrench head bolts.

Don't throw away your rag joint, that adapter only replaces the back metal plates and uses the rest of the stock rag joint. It only makes centering your sprocket easier.

Don't throw away your rag joint, that adapter only replaces the back metal plates and uses the rest of the stock rag joint. It only makes centering your sprocket easier.

I was thinking I should still keep the rubber rag joints to use as a buffer between the sprocket & my spokes anyways. Thanks for the heads up. Still got my rag joint clamp that came with the kit.

I wasn't planning to use gears just trying to allow chain clearance away from a 3 wide tire.
It uses a standard single speed coaster brake rear hub.
I was thinking of of getting a internal shifter rear hub but probably wont for a while.
Too bad.
When you run 3" tires with a jackshaft it begs for internal gears and good brakes!

This Jackshafted 66cc Fito has a 3-speed disc brake rear hub and 3" tires.

2_Fito3doneL-1280.jpg

Cool and comfortable 'balloon tire' ride that will do 40+ mph and not spill your beverage ;-}

Here is the other side...

2_Fito3doneR-1280.jpg

Ya it costs a little more to start, but it all comes back to you.

Last edited:
There was a problem with clutch bell welding a couple years back, I informed Don and he went to the factory and got it handled right away.
My new replacement from bicycle-engines.com broke after just a couple months use. It seems quality hasn't changed in the least. Still same garbage tack welds and the bell walls had an uneven thickness. I seriously want an alternative bell that will last, really don't want to buy anything else grubee till they offer better quality options. I don't know how they didn't notice my last bell's inferior quality or just plain don't care. Feel like its a scam that we have no replacement options but their crap...

No broke 2 bells in the last year. First was from 2009 or so. You claim they have better bells now, are they only installing those in new 4gs and selling the old crap bells as replacement parts? My replacement from February had identical crap tack welds as the ancient one. I seen no update period as you claim they've done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back