Goodbye from Florida

I had some of the same problems. the chain tensioner plastic melted on me and I had a chain got caught in my spokes. I also lost my idle screw along with many other screws that rattled out. I have gone thru a couple cables and housings because of my clutch. So I have a hard time defending them except that there so **** fun and $176.90 Is very cheap. That plus a 79.99 walmart bike. Get some blue locktite. Put in on every nut and bolt. Cut up a frisbee to make a chaingaurd like I did. Then buy another engine and use the one you tore up for parts. You can buy 3 of theses chingens for the price of 1 GEBE. I'd even bet you could find the parts you need to fix yours under $50.00 or not much over.
You got it right when you said hobby. Once you get it going right though there so fun.

Good jorb getting it running again. Welcome and welcome back

Last edited:
Hey, Happy! :D

Where in the Valley are you? Seems there are a few aficionados of MB here around Amherst, and Noho. Not to mention Sunderland.

Maybe we can get together, and exchange war stories about Chingins, and such.

Just this morning, I saw what looked like a bicycle under a motorcycle cover Near Raos. Curious, I peeked under the cover: a beauty-full MB! with a brand new spanking engine! :eek:

Beats the **** out of my beat up Huffy!

Gotta find the owner, must be someone at the Ann Whalen complex.:rolleyes:

There is a thread that has very good tips for newbies. It addresses most of the common failures that occur with these engines.

I would have no problem taking my current build on a cross country ride. Unfortunately, I have neither the time nor young and resilient body to go on such a long ride. My engine would make it and I would not worry about anything vibrating off of the bike.

Back