Got Screwed on my purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbvideo

Local time
3:36 PM
Just to let everyone know about my experience with Bike Berry.com...
The motor I bought from Bike-Berry.com is junk and they WILL NOT replace it I submitted a report to BBB but bike berry came up with excuses. A professional mechanic stated the problems started in the clutch area and spread from there. It was junk from day one. Yes bike-berry replaced the piston and cylinder but when I shipped them the carburetor to them by their advisement, they said they never received it, And i have confirmation it was delivered to them. I did report them to the BBB and they came up with excuses and said the clutch area was from normal wear and tear and does not qualify for warranty. This engine never got to 500 miles and was only 4 months old. I had called them from the first month to tell them that the clutch was rubbing against the housing and they said due to being from China the parts were not up to specs. I hope no one else has to go through with these problems.

They also told me that 500 miles would be alot of miles and these engines are for hobby only and not for transportation.

Piratecycles1.com referred me to this site to post this issue.

I am believing that these engines will not last

Listen, I know these bikes are not supposed to be the most reliable on the road but DO NOT TRUST Bikeberry to fulfill any type of warrenty! I bought two engines from them. One has been fine, the second was a lemon from day one. Since I had a local motorized bike shop I was able to replace the CDI, (twice), and the clutch lever. The second engine never ran that good to begin with, so after checking everything on this blog troubleshooting and it finally stopping mid ride after the break in period I contacted Bikeberry. Here is the response you can expect from these clowns. You need to figure out the problem we do not replace the engine. The problem IS the engine, now I am not a mechanic and I do not know how to tear down an engine and rebuild. I do not have tools to check for correct compression and I do not know how to rebuild small engines if I did I would have a side business. I have however gone through this kit with a shop mechanic on a brief visit and he could not find anything wrong on the obvious (magneto good, check, wiring soldered check, new cdi check new spark plug, check, new boot (non kit), check,) and I went through it afterwards . Now, this engine is still under their posted warranty, under 200 miles and they refuse to do anything. Do not trust them to back up anything they sell unless it is completely missing from the kit and even then expect a two week wait and a lot of back and forth with some rude staff to get that done. I dropped 400.00 with some extra parts from them and have one functioning bike kit. Get the picture, expensive company to deal with!!!! If you are foolish enough to deal with them GOOD LUCK! I will NEVER trust this company again.

Hate to be a realist slap, but ya get what ya pay for.For under $200 I don't see why anyone wouldn't flip a coin before the first start attempt, because that's your chances.There is NO QC on china girl engines, may work, may not.Buy Japanese if you want extended reliability.

Hate to be a realist slap, but ya get what ya pay for.For under $200 I don't see why anyone wouldn't flip a coin before the first start attempt, because that's your chances.There is NO QC on china girl engines, may work, may not.Buy Japanese if you want extended reliability.

Why did I flip the coin? BECAUSE THEY STATED THEY INCLUDE A WARRANTY (on their website and any banner I have come across)! That is why I am posting this. So others do not get burned as well. Posted WARRANTY that they will not stand behind!

Don't blame the vendor for poorly made parts. They only sell what they can get . I've bought from BikeBerry, and had no problems.
I got good service and value

Not blaming the vendor for poorly made parts. The whole point of this post was because "THEY ARE NOT FULFILLING THE WARRANTY THEY SAY THEY OFFER." Did you not read what you are posting about?

Here is a suggestion bikeberry, stop posting a six month warranty when you have no intention of honoring it. I am waiting to hear what they state to the better business bureau with which I have my complaint pending. I had this kit for two months low miles before problems and bikeberry only offered mechanical tips. I can get that info from these sites. I put 100.00 in replacement parts and the engine is still dead which I explained over and over again. If you are a sadomasochists deal with this company other wise look elsewhere and save yourself a headache. Bikeberry has the worst customer service I have ever dealt with. They answer the phone with attitude which I am sure is because they only receive calls from irate customers.

screwed by bikeberry

ordered 80/66cc mega motors black engine kit and received the 50/48cc kit. they refuse to send correct kit would never order from them again customer service was extremely rude. would not send comparison pictures stated they didn't have a digital camera to send pics. and all kinds of lame excuses. just flat out bs. from them.

I guess there's a reason you never see 2 stroke lawn mowers for sale anymore, or generators, pressure washers, etc...
that's to do with the poor emissions ratings of an engine designed to burn oil. it's still easy to find 2-stroke dirt bikes. a 2 stroke can be perfectly reliable in the hands of someone who knows how to handle one.

As I said in my email, for $150 for full engine kit one should not have high expectations. These engines are all about what you put into them at first before you can even expect to ride with reliability. It's like building a kit which requires user input (time, resources, brains) then you can expect miles of smiles.

Too bad you didn't know about the MB sites before you started.

There is a review section for sponsors.

https://motoredbikes.com/forums/dealer-reviews.109/

I had mine done up at Venice motorbikes for that reason... You gotta beef up a couple things before you can expect reliability with these things... I built two with all stock parts it was ehhh... Took it in to get the internals worked and new NT carb with the adapter he sells.. what a difference! And I'm still tweaking it here and there, that's why I haven't taken it more than 10miles round trip to work out the bugs...
Good luck bro, don't get discouraged!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back