Got Screwed on my purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbvideo

Local time
10:44 AM
Just to let everyone know about my experience with Bike Berry.com...
The motor I bought from Bike-Berry.com is junk and they WILL NOT replace it I submitted a report to BBB but bike berry came up with excuses. A professional mechanic stated the problems started in the clutch area and spread from there. It was junk from day one. Yes bike-berry replaced the piston and cylinder but when I shipped them the carburetor to them by their advisement, they said they never received it, And i have confirmation it was delivered to them. I did report them to the BBB and they came up with excuses and said the clutch area was from normal wear and tear and does not qualify for warranty. This engine never got to 500 miles and was only 4 months old. I had called them from the first month to tell them that the clutch was rubbing against the housing and they said due to being from China the parts were not up to specs. I hope no one else has to go through with these problems.

They also told me that 500 miles would be alot of miles and these engines are for hobby only and not for transportation.

Piratecycles1.com referred me to this site to post this issue.

I am believing that these engines will not last

If these Chinese engines were well built, they would cost several hundred dollars. If you want to ride a China Girl, expect poor quality, short lived parts.
Best defense, have spare parts, spare motor ? Keep the bolts tight, and maintain adjustments . I consider 500 miles acceptable, but short service life.
If you question value ... price a small dirt bike top end kit, compare price of a HT class engine top end kit, could probably buy a complete HT motor for what the dirt bike kit costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back