How to wire electric start 2 stroke 49cc

scacchione

Local time
9:24 AM
I got this 49cc 2 stroke off ebay and installed it on my scooter. https://www.ebay.com/itm/373091639938. It was working great for a few days and now it won't start unless I pull many times so I am trying to figure out the electric start.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
there is only one white wire coming out of pull start. Can you see the ebay listing?

I think that's just a sheathing over the wiring, it looks to me there is a black & red wire to me in that white looming, do you have said engine in your possession yet?

I checkout out the link, but there is very little product description. It is a pull start engine. I don't see that it has an electric starter. Is there an add-on kit for that? First, you should try to figure out why it is so hard to start. Basic trouble shooting steps.

I checkout out the link, but there is very little product description. It is a pull start engine. I don't see that it has an electric starter. Is there an add-on kit for that? First, you should try to figure out why it is so hard to start. Basic trouble shooting steps.
It always started quickly, but know it just doesn't start at all. I fell over the last time I used it, but after that, it started right up.

The picture shows two wires (black and red). Are these supposed to go to the kill switch?
Engine_01.jpg

Ok if that's just a single wire with a ring terminal, then it's got to be the starter power, it's made to use a with a starter solenoid.

Back