Huasheng off kilter

Will be working on my friend's 2015 Ruckus as soon as the holidays are behind us. It was flooded during Hurricane Florence. Marvel Mystery Oil is percolating on the piston to break the rings free and I'm hoping no water leaked into the crankcase. Will know pretty fast whether I can salvage it. Worst case will be an engine swap. Will enjoy working on Honda quality.
It will be a total loss if it was flooded with salt water, engines don't like salt water at all.

The water was brackish, meaning salt water mixed with fresh. If it didn't get past the piston we'll be alright. I've learned from the past three hurricanes that salt water is very corrosive! My wife's Yamaha Vino went through all three and still runs like new because I drained all the fluids then rinsed everything off right after the floodwaters subsided. Unfortunately, my friend didn't do the same to the Ruckus.

It will be a total loss if it was flooded with salt water, engines don't like salt water at all.
Yes as a rule, they are done.
Interesting story, my neighbor put a bid of 3000 on a 26 ft Grady White boat that was declared a total loss as it was rolled over in the surf on the west coast.
He got it, deal of the century. Full electronics, 90 Yamaha main and 10 Yamaha kicker. I told him it may last a couple weeks or could last a long time.
The main wasn't running when it went over but the kicker was. The kicker only ran a few weeks and died but the main still works after several years. Took him a while to get the main going, the engine controls were shot, so needed replacement and that is it. Even the radar works.
Like I said, deal of the century. He lucked out on the main, they are over 15k new.

Mine has like 7676 miles somewhat alot of miles. I changed the oil and there was metal in it yikes. Guy said he ran amsoil synthetic. I opted for motul.

Attachments

• 20231130_131634.jpg
    20231130_131634.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20231130_131642.jpg
    20231130_131642.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 35
Mine has like 7676 miles somewhat alot of miles. I changed the oil and there was metal in it yikes. Guy said he ran amsoil synthetic. I opted for motul.
I saw one for sale local, it has 24000kms, 18000 miles some where in there. 7600 is nothing, they go for a long time.

Just frosted my whiskers while clocking my last 5 miles of 2023. Does anyone else have trouble keeping the choke position straight? It's embarrassing to kill the engine in front of neighbors who are walking nearby. Might have to rig a choke control on the handlebar to keep it straight. Happy New Years and Happy riding in 2024.

Just frosted my whiskers while clocking my last 5 miles of 2023. Does anyone else have trouble keeping the choke position straight? It's embarrassing to kill the engine in front of neighbors who are walking nearby. Might have to rig a choke control on the handlebar to keep it straight. Happy New Years and Happy riding in 2024.
Yep many have complained of the choke lever slipping and have made their own way of holding it up

I'm a Whizzer guy and don't have that issue

Maybe another member will chime in shortly and show ya how they did it

Back