Huasheng off kilter

Back with more craziness! Something told me to change the exhaust, so I whacked it off and started welding. Glad I did because the little Honda likes the shorter pipe and I like the way it looks. Someone did a study one time on the length of pipe that works best on these 50cc four strokes. I think the optimum length was something like 17 inches. Mine is close to that, maybe a little longer. The engine seems to have more torque and it runs more smoothly. Might be another senior moment playing tricks on me, but I'll take it either way! Next project in the realm of "can't leave it alone" is to relocate the air cleaner under the seat where it's out of the way. Plan to run a rubber hose from the carb to the filter. More on that later. Here are before and after shots of the exhaust.

Attachments

• Final gearing2.jpg
    Final gearing2.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 52
  • SS modified exhaust.jpg
    SS modified exhaust.jpg
    282.1 KB · Views: 44
  • exhaust closeup.jpg
    exhaust closeup.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 45
Thanks guys. The bike is comfortable and reliable, but most of all, it's fun. Multiple gears reduces the stress on the little Honda. Thinking about a geared hub for the jackshaft on my next build and a steel frame will be easier to customize than this build. I put a lot of work into my builds, so I don't want to waste time on a cheap steel frame. Am checking thrift stores and junk shops for vintage frames now. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys. The bike is comfortable and reliable, but most of all, it's fun. Multiple gears reduces the stress on the little Honda. Thinking about a geared hub for the jackshaft on my next build and a steel frame will be easier to customize than this build. I put a lot of work into my builds, so I don't want to waste time on a cheap steel frame. Am checking thrift stores and junk shops for vintage frames now. Any recommendations?
I love old Columbia frames. I have one I plan to put my bt80 on sometime that is way thicker tubing than a huffy

Back