I Built It #2

i had this pocket bike engine laying around.i got the gear box from my buddy.theres a mountian dew bottle for a gas tank.waiting on the rite one.this sob is FAST.i think i can hit 50 mph if i tuck in tight.but not gonna try that yet.dont like the thought of scraping down the road.
the pics kinda suck.

Last edited:
nice bike.
i put a 1 inch pulley on trans and a 6 inch on the wheel.LOOKS real pretty.but the tranny pulley just slips.even with the belt TIGHT.i was in to big of a rush is my problem.thats my transportation.i didnt want to wait on parts.cant believe i blew 40 bones for nothing.

the golden eagle setup uses a belt with teeth on it . and there is a Harley shop down the road . i like to go there to get ideas , sometimes clamps . Harley's are belt driven . so it must be a good idea . they also use a belt with teeth on it . your gear rati seems ok small pully turns 6 time to turn the big pully 1 time . on a three to one tranny . 3 x6 =18 to 1 / that should be good for a 49cc two stroke on a 26 inch rim

while cleaning up this motor with the hole in the piston i was thinking about your deli ma . and i remembered a system i kinda of pieced together some time ago i put them aside for the winter when i'm not so busy . anyway it was a left side drive single gear using the 3 to 1 trany and 8mm chain the thick chain . here is a picture of it . its just like what you are doing but i wanted to mount my motor in the frame .
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/kirnin049.jpg
http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr161/thescooterguy/kirnin048.jpg

you already have it , all you need is the chain and the correct size gears , use the 11t 8mm drive and the 74 t 8mm chainring with the 4 bolt hole spacing 64mm thats 20 to 1 , that will be good. you will climb hills better and its better for your bike . . if you bought all these seperatly the shipping would kill you . but buy them all from the same place and they will combine the shipping .i will get you a link for that hold on

Last edited:
http://tncscooters.com/partsdb.php?type=GS scroll down this page they list it here its only $10.00 but the shipping is another $10.00 i hate that . i can ship a priority mail box across the country for 13.00 with a whole kit in it and they cant ship me a chain ring for $2.00 that's what it should cost . but if you buy the 11t from them and the chain they will only charge you shipping for one . or you might be able to find those parts around town . either way its a cheep fix , but it will last and work good . get another bike to work on the belt system .not to discourage you but i know you need transortation , think this will get you up and running quickly , i know how it is . the motored bike was my main sourcme of transpo for three years just got my car a lisecne back last summer . but still prefer to ride my bike to work . yesterday i had to drive the car in, the tadpole had a flatt and the gary fisher had a hole in the piston .

Last edited:
Back