i pulled the carb drain screw and it started then died

ok my needle has 4 grooves, i should go up and not down? I'm starting to think it's the float level and not the gas cap ventilation now because i tried to run it without the cap and it wouldnt start but every adjustment i make i try with and without the cap.
That may very well be the case, look at picture #4 in the first post in this thread to find the proper setting. You can easily bend the arms on the float rest to adjust. Make sure the float needle has free movement while you're at it.

ok so here's the update: It is running but not really responding to throttle it actually stops running after maybe 4 seconds, should I raise the clip or lower it? or is there anything else i should be doing? I think compression should be good? it definately has spark. the float has been adjusted and now kicks over but fails to run for more than like 4 seconds, ive started it with choke then half choke the petcock is on.
it kicks over idles for maybe 4 seconds then stops

Post some pics of your bike motor as it is right now with good closeups of the carby, both points where you adjust the throttle cable freeplay, the gas filter and gas line etc. etc. the intake where it meets the motor etc so we can see what you have.

Post some pics of your bike motor as it is right now with good closeups of the carby, both points where you adjust the throttle cable freeplay, the gas filter and gas line etc. etc. the intake where it meets the motor etc so we can see what you have.
you think its the throttle cable?

I would also give alot of consideration to your spark plug gap as well...I seem to remember that you are an advocate of very wide spark plug gaps on two stroke motors when everyone else including myself tried to help you on that issue which would also definitely affect the running conditions your experiencing.

I would also give alot of consideration to your spark plug gap as well...I seem to remember that you are an advocate of very wide spark plug gaps on two stroke motors when everyone else including myself tried to help you on that issue which would also definitely affect the running conditions your experiencing.
it might just be the type of spark plug im using, it came pregapped at .034 then i gapped it again myself to .025

If your using one of those off brand, "gimmicky" spark plugs, don't waste your time on it, Just get an NGK-B6HS, BR6HS or B6S and gap at .025...I have never had any problems using the NGKs...It's like they were made for these CGs...DAMIEN

I'm definately getting spark from both the e3 and the stock plug, it kicks over sputters for 4 seconds then stops I've adjusted the float the throttle cables seem to be fluid, I've pretty much troubleshooted down to the carb, its either the jet the needle or something I don't know about

Back