i'm gonna go live on my motoredbike...why not, eh?

Ain't huge spokes great? Perhaps it's a facet of a GOOD motored bike that isn't emphasized enough.

ab-so-lute-ly, van. the wheel on your tadpole became my immediate "standard" as soon as i saw it.

wheels & braking...two things about big bikes i was missing. lights, too.

it's been a real blessing the way this wheelset "fell together"...several friends at various times have pitched in & got 'er done, it always amazes me that the hubs are a match after all that.

and believe it or don't, my friends...but i go thru my entire gratitude-list every time i ride this motoredbike that prolly holds some kind of record for how many people helped build it :cool:

Back in the day (when I did more traveling) one of my favorite things to do was to come into some little 'burg I'd never seen before and likely would never see again, find a little diner with old pickups & such parked (that's where the locals hang out), go in, and try to strike up conversations.

I've met some truly fascinating people that way over the years.

I did that way up in the Chilcoltin B.C. 1 year ago and got invited home for free B&B--the Guy was an avid moutain biker doing 4-5 day trip thru the mountains on goat trails !! he had fabulous pictures !!

update & almost finished!

'cruzin gave me a retro hobbit tailight...so of course i "needed" to fab a new rear-deck/rack and finally i have a full fender on the back...i replaced the (12v/5w) bulbs with 2 x 24V/9-LED (red) for some great daylight visibility...all that's left is to modify the whizzer center-stand:
Mvc-018f.jpg
thanks, shane :)

a bit of a change in travel plans, come spring my only "goal" will be GEBE-Headquarters in Michigan by mid-summer, and a few points in between so to visit some buddies :cool:

edit...was waiting for dark to get a couple more:
Mvc-004f.jpgMVC-002F.JPG

Last edited:
well aware of my real-life blessings.

robin'...i'd love the chance, border-conditions would be a deciding factor but i know we'll be in touch anyways, so let's not rule it out :)

fredie...that's exactly how i feel, this has been a heck of a ride to now but i think the best is yet to come :cool:

since the bump was there, here's a new album...a couple reposts, a couple new ones: http://mb-rambler.mysite.com/cgi-bin/photoalbum/view_album/204788

jumping off real soon.

the "mysite" page will be cancelled, it's not worth trying to keep during the ride...i'll post an occasional pic and update here on MBc.

in 3 days my ISP will be inactive. i have a few details to take care of in april and i'll be leaving ocean park sometime in may...

i'll officially-start my big-adventure on may 21st (my birthday) by boarding the ferry "columbia" from bellingham wa to the inner-passage of alaska...gonna go see 'van and denny. i'd like to be able to store my trailer in WA until i return 2 weeks later...as close to bellingham as possible...any offers?

the "plan" is a loose clockwise circuit of the nation, likely ending in utah & the salt flats where i hope to settle in and race landspeed for GEBE until i can't stay on the bike any more.

as it says in my signature, i'd love to visit & ride...NO HOOPLA i'm finished with that...NO POLITICS i'm finished with that too...i'm just an MB'er on a ride is all.

private messaging here will be turned off, my only contact is augidog@netzero.com or cell-phone for those who have my number.

many good memories, many good friends...as an active practice in good mental-health, i'm shedding the stoopid things and only holding onto the fun stuff we've shared. i sincerely hope "you" are able to do the same :)

stay happy & stay right-side-up, it's a lot more fun that way :cool:

Glad to hear it, wish you the best. If you get a big snorkle, head for Hawaii, I'd love to welcome you to the tropics.

the "mysite" page will be cancelled, it's not worth trying to keep during the ride...i'll post an occasional pic and update here on MBc.

in 3 days my ISP will be inactive. i have a few details to take care of in april and i'll be leaving ocean park sometime in may...

i'll officially-start my big-adventure on may 21st (my birthday) by boarding the ferry "columbia" from bellingham wa to the inner-passage of alaska...gonna go see 'van and denny. i'd like to be able to store my trailer in WA until i return 2 weeks later...as close to bellingham as possible...any offers?

the "plan" is a loose clockwise circuit of the nation, likely ending in utah & the salt flats where i hope to settle in and race landspeed for GEBE until i can't stay on the bike any more.

as it says in my signature, i'd love to visit & ride...NO HOOPLA i'm finished with that...NO POLITICS i'm finished with that too...i'm just an MB'er on a ride is all.

private messaging here will be turned off, my only contact is augidog@netzero.com or cell-phone for those who have my number.

many good memories, many good friends...as an active practice in good mental-health, i'm shedding the stoopid things and only holding onto the fun stuff we've shared. i sincerely hope "you" are able to do the same :)

stay happy & stay right-side-up, it's a lot more fun that way :cool:

Looking forward to your visit. We may not have room in the house but I am coming up with comfortable travelers quaters for all that visit. Give me a call when you can, If I am here I would love to talk during your journey, maybe even help with updates to this site while you are on the road.

Back